Click to see larger image
Dell 3300 (U8510) Server
(3 Epinions reviews)
Epinions Product Rating:
Dell 300 Wireless Printer Adapter
Apr 14, 2007 (Updated Apr 14, 2007)
Review by joep4252
Rated a Very Helpful Review
Pros:Super easy setup, works with WPA/WPA2 and MAC security
Cons:Only certain Dell printers supported.
The Bottom Line: Absolutely great if you have one of the Dell printers it supports for wireless printing.
After reading a lot of negative reviews on the Linksys WPS54G wireless printer adapter (runs super hot, very cranky with WPA security, etc.) I decided to go with the Dell 3300 since it supports my Dell 1710 laser printer.
Recommend this product?
Hook up and installation were a breeze, you can run the setup on any PC (wired or wireless) on your network. It readily recognizes WPA/WPA2 security and if you use MAC address filtering to limit access to your network, the MAC address is printed on the bottom of the Dell adapter. Couldn't be easier. Just add the MAC address in your router software. This adapter will send documents to your printer from any system on your network - wired and wireless!! And the adapter runs nice and cool, plus no button or switches, just power it up with your printer.
1. If you already have Dell printer drivers installed for the printer you are now going to attach to the 3300, I would uninstall them first on any system where they reside. You won't need the hard wired printer setup anymore.
2. When you install the printer adapter, it will take the next available IP address on your network (e.g. 192.168.1.102). If you have 3 or 4 systems on your network and they are not already powered on, you could have an IP conflict later on if one of the PC's takes the IP address assigned to the Dell 3300. To avoid this, after you do the install, you can either rerun the 3300 software or go into the assigned IP address directly via Internet Explorer and change the 3300's IP address to a higher number - at least more than the total number of systems that can be on your network at one time. The one I used was 192.168.1.112.
3. Write the adapter's IP address down so you can view/change (via Internet Explorer) the adapter's settings and view printer information like how much toner it has.
4. For those folks who really like to lock down their networks by limiting the number of IP addresses allowed on their network via their firewall and/or router, choose an IP address within your limit or increase the limit.
5. After you have assigned a high IP address number (if needed), install your Dell printer software, on each of your networked systems, using the Network Installation option - then choose Local Installation. Sharing needs not be checked in the installation program.
Note: If you already installed your printer software as described in #5 above and then decide to change the adapter's IP address, you will have to change the IP address in your print driver. It is quite easy - go to Start>Printer and Faxes>right click the networked printer driver>select Properties>click on the Port Tab>click Configure Port. Make your change and click OK.
Share this product review with your friends
DELL - POWEREDGE 2800 BASE - 2X XEON DUAL-CORE 2.8GHZ 2 GB RAM 1X 36GB 10K HDD 1X GIGABIT ETHRNET DVD ROM ILO DUAL ULTRA320 SCSI RPS RAILS 5U RACK SER...
DELL - POWEREDGE 1850 - 1X 2.8GHZ CPU 1GB MEMORY 1X 36GB 10K SCSI DRIVE 2X REDUN P/S QTY 2 3C996B-T 10/100/1000 NICS NO RAID NO RAILS NO BEZEL (PE1850...
A hyper-dense 2-socket, 1U rack server, the Dell(TM) PowerEdge(TM) R620 has a large memory footprint and impressive I/O options that make it an except...
DELL - POWEREDGE 2650 - 1X INTEL XEON 2.8GHZ 1 GB RAM ULTRA320 SCSI 2X INTEGRATED BROADCOM GIGABIT 2U RACK SERVER (PE2650). . IN STOCK.
Dell PowerEdge R720 2U Rack Server - 1 x Intel Xeon E5-2690 v2 3 GHz 462-5995 Entry Level Servers
DELL - POWEREDGE 6850 - 1X XEON QC 3.66 GHZ 16GB RAM ULTRA320 SCSI 1X 73GB HDD 24X CD-ROM FDD GIGABIT ETHERNET 4U RACK SERVER (PE6850). . IN STOCK. CU...
MAX Processors 2 MAX Memory Capacity 1.50 TB Memory Features Memory TechnologyDDR3 SDRAM Max HDD Capacity 600GB Expansion Slots 7
Setting the standard for feature flexibility in a 2-socket, 2U rack-mount server and built to run complex workloads using its highly scalable memory, ...
Dell PowerEdge T620 5U Tower Server - Intel Xeon E5-2620 v2 2.10 GHz 462-6496 Entry Level Servers
2-socket, tower server ideal for corporate data centers and remote sites that require high availability, exceptional virtualization, large internal st...