X Rated Fusion Liqueur 1 liter

X-Rate Fusion – Puts a party in the PINK!

Apr 26, 2008

Pros:Funky, fun colored vodka, great flavor, not too sweet not too tart!

Cons:Very hard to describe, but that's about it!

The Bottom Line: If you are looking for a premium vodka with a different flavor, try this one with blood oranges, mango and passion fruit, it's a flavor sensation!

Wow, I have to say that I was surprised to find this entry here on Epinions. But, I am glad it is here. I came across this alcohol or liqueur a while back when I was in Outback Steakhouse. They were featuring a drink with X-Rated Fusion Liqueur that sounded terrific. I normally don’t have drinks when I go out for dinner, but that night, it sounded wonderful. I am glad I did. I found a new alcohol to bring home and put in my husband’s liquor cabinet!

The Product

This product is made up of ultra-premium French vodka and blood oranges, tapping with just a smidgen of mangos and passion fruit. The color is really pink. It makes mixing drinks a bit wild, especially if you try putting in blue curacao. Mixing in blue curacao give you a funky, like green drink. But, I digress!

The bottle is a slender frosted, tall bottle with a large white X on the front with “Rated®” just below in a smaller font. You can see the bright pink color through the bottle and it really jumps out at you on the shelf! It is kept in the vodka area with the premium vodkas.

Per the website www.xratedfusion.com they advise that the vodka is seven times distilled and hand crafted in French copper alembic stills and they use delicate French wheat and a touch of Baies roses (roseberry grain) to create this alcohol.

Initial reaction when you open the bottle can vary. I noticed that they use a hot pink lid with a corked top rather than a screw top like a lot of liqueurs do nowadays. When you open the bottle you are surrounded by a luscious, unique scent. I generally pick up the orange smell, slightly. There seems to be a lot going on and it’s hard to really discern which flavor can boast the most recognition when the bottle is opened or even when the vodka is poured.

I have found that drinking it straight on the rocks is best. Next best would be with orange juice. The flavor is a wild, dancing mix of fruity passion. You can pick out a brief touch of the orange and a brief touch of passion fruit with the sweetness of mango dancing along your palate. It’s terribly hard to explain. The drink borders on a tiny bit of tartness, but nothing bad. The touch of sweet alcohol takes over. It vaguely reminds me of Sweet Tarts with a kick!

The vodka is smooth and it does not overwhelm you when you drink it. But, you will feel it if you drink too much, just like any alcohol! The flavor, I find, lingers in my mouth even after swallowing the drink. You still have the orange, mango, and passion fruit dancing around. There is a warm feeling that lingers in your mouth well after the drink has passed your lips and is traipsing down to your stomach!

Per the bottle, this alcohol is 17% alcohol by volume. So, all in all, it’s a mild alcohol (definitely stronger than a lot of beers, but not like whiskey. For example, Jim Beam, the white label, packs a 40.0% alcohol by volume or 80 proof punch.

The pink color will likely exclude quite a few drinkers as they don’t like the color. The flavor is what will draw a lot of people looking for a new, somewhat exotic flavor that differs from the schnapps and other mixed drinks on the market. I think a lot will like it. Some will not know what to do with the flavor, as it is terribly hard to put into words what the flavor is like. But, I believe the most likely reason someone might try this will be the product’s name X-Rated Fusion Liqueur”. That will draw some attention in addition to the color of the drink!

Overall Impressions

I am very happy that I tried that drink at the steakhouse that night. I did find a new alcohol that I liked that intrigued my taste buds without knocking me to the ground. I have visited the website listed above for a lot of drink recipes, but I am still hoping to figure out what the steakhouse’s recipe was. I know it had a variety of premium vodkas in it, but I cannot recall what was in it.

I even went back to the steakhouse and tried to find the drink on the description of their special drink offerings, I was disappointed to find out that they had changed and the one I was looking for was nowhere to be found. Therefore, I am on a quest to figure out what I like mixing best with this drink, and so far it is orange juice. It’s not as fancy as the drink the restaurant served, but it is quite delicious!

Well, this bottle is now empty. The next trip to the store, I will have to get another one and try some of the recipes on the website! Happy testing!

~Thanks for spending time with me today!~

X-rated Fusion Liqueur 750ml

X-rated Fusion Liqueur 750ml

A sensuous fusion of ultra premium French vodka & Sicilian blood orange mingling with mango and passion fruits Liquor Cordials & Liquers Imported

X-rated Fusion Liqueur Tropix 750ml

An exotic fusion of Ultra Premium French Vodka mingling with Pineapple & Coconut Liquor Cordials & Liquers Imported
Grand Wine Cellar

X-rated Fusion Liqueur 375ml

X-rated Fusion Liqueur 375ml

Maple Liqueur Chocolates

Maple Liqueur Chocolates

When we discovered that our neighbors had distilled Vermont’s unparalleled maple sap into a fine premium maple liqueur, we knew exactly what to do. ...
Vermont Country Store

Zwack Liqueur 1 L

Zwack Liqueur 1 L

Produced in Budapest, Hungary, Unicum Zwack is an ultra premium herbal liqueur produced from over forty natural herbs and spices from all over the wor...
International Wine Shop
B & B Liqueur 1L

B & B Liqueur 1L

The perfect harmony of Benedictine and the fines cognac.
Napacabs