Yamaha NS-AW392 Main / Stereo Speakers Reviews

• User Rating: OK

• Flatness:
  • Imaging:
  • Overall Sound:

Pros:good design, very flexible on-ceiling/on-wall mounting options, midlle price range

Cons:LOUSY SOUND, BAD SOUND, REALLY! Low sensitivity (86 dB) demand a lot more power

The Bottom Line: I was not very demanding on this pair as I've placed them in the bathroom. However, I'm really far from satisfied.

I really wonder why people don't provide their opnion to others through these review sites. It would definitely help us to avoid bying a product like this one. Furthermore, it will punish the manufacturers which allow themselfs to put their brand on such a lousy product as this one.To be straightforward: this a really bad pair of speakers, considering their price. I've found only one review of a person that have rated them as bad, but I've neglected it as I've thought that he is exaggerating. He wasn't. Although the design is very acceptable for a pair of outdoor speakers, a very big trade-off is made on sound quality. The sound is much worse than the sound from a pair of speakers that came with a low entry (cca. 300 EUR) Sony mini-stereo hi-fi that is 15 years old. The sound is even not comparable to the sound from the old Sony speakears! The 86 dB sensitivity of Yamaha speakers really demands a lot of power to drive them. I have to volume up the mini-stereo significantly more to achieve the same loudness.The sound from this Yamaha pair appears to miss the high and low frequencies, so it appear to come as from a 1-way middle frequency speaker. And btw. from a bad one! Just to be clear: I don't consider myself as an audio enthusiast or a sound freak. I just love the sound ambient that a good sound is able to create. And this pair of speakers is not able to provide one. I've placed them in my bathroom (6,5 square meters). Their look nice on the ceiling, but I'll be embarrased to admit the price I've payed (cca. 200 EUR) for their sound. So much from Yamaha this time. I'll probably replace them as soon I'll be able to invest in a better pair. People, write your opinions and read others!

Yamaha NSAW392 NSAW 392 NS AW 392 Allweather All weather Indoor/Outdoor Speakers, Weatherproof Design, 5way 5 way 5 way Binding Post Connectors, Pair,...
Adorama