Robert Florczak - Yikes!!!

The Ultimate Child Interaction Adventure Book!

Jun 3, 2009

Pros:Inspires children to comment and speculate. Stunning Illustrations

Cons:No Hardback Version available

The Bottom Line: Drag kids out of their rainy day blues with this book-bound adventure.

Often I teach Early Childhood Education, we operate a Pre-School for ages averaging 3-5.
On a weekly basis, interesting and successful (keeping pre-schooler attention) books and authors are reviewed/critiqued by those becoming certified as pre-school operators.

Yikes was a universal, hands down Hit! Both with the pre-schoolers at "circle-time" and teachers.

With a background in photography and fine arts, I was personally struck by the creative realistic style with which Robert Florczak presents page after page of exciting creatures. The vantage point of the observer in several compositions, was dynamic and unique... often looking up at the young adventurer from a scorpions eye view, or seeing the perspiration on the face of our traveler as he bites his nails in the presence of a cobra... magnified by the trees which tower into the distant sky.

In a word.. "masterful"

With children, we look for books which are short on text (which this book is) and long on igniting comments and discussion about what is going on and what we might do in similar situations... in this regard, I have presented no other book which caused so much enthusiasm from the kids. I think they also just like yelling out the title "Yikes".... along with "yippee-whee-wow-ooh" and other exclamations which allow us to show our surprised, frightened or relieved expressions.

If you have a young child, or run a day care or pre-school, this is a must have and sits proudly at the top of my stack of books which will bring youngsters out of a rainy day slump!

On the high end... if you are in the arts, or art education, Robert Florczak's illustrations are a master class in composition, form, perspective and dynamic color use!

In the end, though I've had the book only four days, I am one very impressed artist, photographer, father, teacher and FAN.

page-by-page excitement, adventure and artistic realism depicting creatures from around the world.

YIKES ON BIKES TEE

YIKES ON BIKES TEE

YIKES ON BIKES TEE. T-Shirts are 100% pre-shrunk cotton. Sweatshirts are 50/50 heavyweight cotton/poly blend.
CafePress Yikes! White T-Shirt

CafePress Yikes! White T-Shirt

Shop Today! Get Extra 20% OFF! Use code CSE20! 100% preshrunk cotton6.1 ozCrew NecklineStandard FitMachine Wash Cold

Horses Of Myth - Hausman, Florczak - Hardcover 1st Edition

Horses Of Myth - Hausman, Florczak - Hardcover 1st Edition

Horses Of Myth Authors: Hausman, Gerald Loretta Illustrator; Florczak, Robert Format: Hardcover Publisher: Dutton 1st Edition 2005 ISBN: 0525469648 Si...

CafePress Yikes! Women's T-Shirt

CafePress Yikes! Women's T-Shirt

Shop Today! Get Extra 20% OFF! Use code CSE20! Women's T-Shirt5.6 oz. 100% cottonCrew necklineClassic fitMachine Washable

CafePress Yikes!  Women's Pink T-Shirt

CafePress Yikes! Women's Pink T-Shirt

Shop Today! Get Extra 20% OFF! Use code CSE20! Women's T-Shirt100% cotton5.6 ozStandard FitTagless Crewneck CollarMachine Wash Cold

CafePress Yikes! Women's Long Sleeve Dark T-Shirt

CafePress Yikes! Women's Long Sleeve Dark T-Shirt

Shop Today! Get Extra 20% OFF! Use code CSE20! Women's Long Sleeve T-Shirt5.5 oz. 100% luxuriously soft combed ring spun cottonStandard fitSide seamed...

Yikes!!! eBook

Yikes!!! eBook

Buy Yikes!!! by Bill Myers and Read this Book on Kobo's Free Apps. Discover Kobo's Vast Collection of Ebooks Today - Over 3 Million Titles, Including...
Kobo eBooks