Yogi Herbal Tea, Green Tea Blueberry Slim Life, 16 tea bags ( ) (Yogi Tea) Reviews

Yogi Herbal Tea, Green Tea Blueberry Slim Life, 16 tea bags ( ) (Yogi Tea)

Blueberry Slim, An Appetite Suppressant That Really Works

Jul 10, 2011

Pros:Great Taste, Suppresses Appetite, Increases Energy

Cons:A little Expensive

The Bottom Line:

This tea consistently suppresses my appetite. I drink it two or three times a day...sometimes more.

I am a tea devotee and have a whole pantry crammed full of tea. I am also very conscious of my diet, so I was eager to try Yogi's Green Tea Blueberry Slim Life. The claim is that drinking this tea energizes and helps suppress appetite. This sounded great to me because the summer heat had me exercising less and reaching for candy and chips to fill the void.

I always want to know every little detail about new products so I researched the primary ingredients in Blueberry Slim. What I found out is that Green Tea itself is not an appetite suppressant. What it does is increase the metabolic rate. However, this tea also contains Garcinia Cambogia, which has been proven in clinical studies to suppress appetite and inhibit fat production. Knowing these facts helped me to buy this product with a little more confidence and a little less skepticism than I normally display regarding weight loss supplements.

Did it work for me?

I have been drinking the tea two or three times a day. I drink a cup between ten and noon (to keep from overeating at lunch), another around two (to keep from grabbing a candy bar), and sometimes a third an hour before dinner. I have experienced a noticeable difference in appetite; I am eating a lot less now than before I started drinking the tea. Once I skipped a couple of days just to test myself and regretted doing so. As far as energy goes, I have a little more than before, but I'm pretty sure this comes along with the caffeine and not the tea specifically. I'm not sure if this tea will work for everyone, but it has worked for me.

Brewing a Cup

Bring water just to boiling and steep 3 minutes.

For weight loss support, instructions tell you to drink the tea throughout the day, but to avoid usage late in the day. Otherwise, the caffeine will likely disturb your sleep.

Flavor

The tea tastes great, but I wouldn't say that the flavor was overtly blueberry. To me, it tastes like your typical green tea, but the color is a nice blue after brewing. You always have the option of adding a sweetener or a lemon to flavor the tea.

Packaging

The Yogi brand is a well known environmentally friendly company, and these practices really shine in how the product is packaged. Each carton is made from 100% recycled paperboard, 55% post consumer waste, and printed with environmentally-friendly vegetable-based inks.

Additionally, the tea is individually packed and heat-sealed to maintain freshness. The bag itself is made from 100% oxygen bleached paper, which is sewn with pure cotton strings. If you're wondering about the staples used to attach the string and label, they are made from inert metal. This entire product really seems to show a commitment to pollution prevention and sustainability. The end result is a tea that is fresh and potent.

I haven't been able to find the tea at my local grocery, so I have to order online. A 16 pack generally retails around $5.00. Expensive, I know, but I consider it worth it.

Supplement Facts

Per 8 fl oz (1 tea bag):

Green Tea Leaf Extract 40mg
Catechins (65%) 26mg
Ginseng-Eleuthero Extract (Panax ginseng, Panax quinquefolium, Eleutherococcus senticosus) 40 mg
Garcinia Cambogia Fruit Extract 20 mg

Proprietary Blend of herbs: 1,640 mg
Organic Green Tea Leaf, Organic Bilberr Leaf, Organic Hibiscus Flower, Organic Amla Fruit (Amalaki), Organic Belleric Myrobalan Fruit (Bibhitaki), Organic Chebulic Myrobalan Fruit  (Haritaki), Stevia Leaf

Other Ingredients: Natural Orange Flavor, Natural Blueberry Flavor, Natural Licorice Flavor.

Each bag contains about 35 mg of caffeine, as compared to about 90 mg in 8 oz of coffee.

Warnings

I couldn't find any warnings on the carton, but generally pregnant or nursing mothers are advised either to not use certain types of herbal teas or to consult with a health care practitioner first before using. I would certainly take  such precautions before drinking the tea.

On both the outer carton and individual tea bags, the following disclaimer is printed: The product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any diseases.

Recommended:

Yogi Tea: Caffeine Free Ginger Herbal Tea, Supports Digestion (2 Pack) 16 Bags/Box Two Pack Listing! 32 Bags Total. Caffeine Free. ā—™ Quick Shipping!...

Yogi Herbal Tea Green Slim LifeĀ® Blueberry Condition : 100% Brand new, sealed, never open.Size: 16 Tea Bags Each box Quantity: 3 Boxes.Total : 48 Tea...