Yoplait Original French Vanilla Yogurt 6oz

Yoplait® Original French Vanilla Yogurt

Jul 13, 2008 (Updated Jul 13, 2008)

Pros:yogurt has a high calcium count

Cons:none noted

The Bottom Line: French Vanilla yogurt is quite nice when is spooned over fruit for a quick dessert or cool summer salad; it is delicious when served with fresh, sliced strawberries.

Yoplait Original French Vanilla Yogurt in the 6 oz plastic tub is another flavor that is often in my shopping cart. I like the smaller 6 oz size. It suits my smaller appetite better than does some of the other yogurts I find in the cold aisle at Wal Mart. I like the creamy and custard types Yoplait yogurts better than I do the whips
or the lite.

As is found with many lowfat yogurts Yoplait Original French Vanilla Yogurt is not particulary thick. Nor is it like custard or mousse. It is very creamy, and delicious. In view of the fact that Original French Vanilla Yogurt is thinner than some yogurts I find it is quite nice when is spooned over fruit for a quick dessert or cool summer salad. The French Vanilla is especially nice when served with fresh, sliced strawberries.

I like the flavor of Yoplait® Original French Vanilla Yogurt very much, Husband who has recently begun to nibble at my stock of yogurt is not so fond of the taste. Not a problem; when I shop, I always buy a variety of flavors, so he enjoys one of the others as I spoon happily into the Yoplait French Vanilla Yogurt.

===============================
Major Ingredients Cultured Pasteurized Grade A Low Fat Milk, Sugar, Modified Corn Starch, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Whey Protein Concentrate, Kosher Gelatin, Colored with Turmeric Extract and Annatto Extract,

---Despite having done a good bit of cooking for years, and reading labels since it seems forever; I was not sure just what Tumeric or Annatto is, so I checked with my dictionary.

---Roucou or Annato is a derivative of the achiote trees of tropical regions of the Americas, used to produce a red food coloring and also as a flavoring.

---A rhizomatous herbaceous perennial plant of the ginger family Turmeric is an ancient spice, a native of South East Asia, used from antiquity as dye and a condiment.

Allergen Information: milk, corn, gelatin,

Total Carbohydrates: 33g
Sugars: 27g
Protein: 5g
=================================

I find that as my arthritic fingers resist the dampness we are experiencing over the past several weeks of near record setting rain; I am having quite a bit of problem trying to open the peel off lids topping Yoplait yogurts. I do like the lids, I can see at a glance whether or not the seal is punctured, or puffy right in the store.

But, it is a problem right now trying to get them open at home. Whether others who also have arthritis in their fingers are experiencing any problem opening the lids or not I cannot say. I have found that I can take a table knife, hold the tab on the seal securely and use the knife to add leverage as I tug on the lid and remove it fine. I do prefer the Yoplait seal to the ones, lift off plastic covering a film, found on most other yogurts.

I like the smaller size Yoplait yogurts; many other brands are in a larger 8 oz size, which for my smaller appetite proves to be more than I want and I am forced to either eat more than I care to or throw some away. Neither is a good workable plan for me. Husband does have a larger appetite than do I, but two tubs and he is fine.

More delicious Yoplait® original flavors include Banana Crème, Blackberry Harvest, Boysenberry, Cherry Orchard, Coconut Cream Pie, French Vanilla, Guava, Harvest Peach, Key Lime Pie, Lemon Burst, Mango, Mixed Berry, Mountain Blueberry, Orange Crème, Passion Fruit, Piña Colada, Pineapple, Red Raspberry, Strawberry, Strawberry Banana, Strawberry Cheesecake, Strawberry Kiwi, Strawberry Mango, Tropical Peach, White Chocolate Raspberry.

I like that yogurt has a high calcium count, at any age, we all and women in particular need to be sure to get calcium from foods rather than from a pill. My medical care provider says calcium is assimilated more easily when eaten than when taken as a pill. When I eat delicious Yoplait® Original French Vanilla Yogurt I not only get a tasty treat, but I am giving my body the calcium I need. Happy to recommend

===========================

Contains Live & Active Cultures
Includes Acidolphilus

1-800-967-5248
www.Yoplait.com

I am most happy to support Yoplait in part because Yoplait supports breast cancer research. During September - December the peel off lid on the yogurt pot becomes a pink mail in for the Yoplait breast cancer research support activity. Having lost a dear family member to this scourge I like supporting companies that support the ongoing research.

Learn more about the Save Lids to Save Lives program on the Yoplait site.

For every pink lid we receive, we'll donate 10 cents to Susan G. Komen for the Cure, up to $1.5 million. And we guarantee a donation of at least $500,000.

Save Lids to Save Lives®
P.O. Box 420704
El Paso, TX 88542-0704

1-800-967-5248
www.Yoplait.com

Yoplait Greek 100 Blackberry Tart Yogurt 5.3 oz

Yoplait Greek 100 Blackberry Tart Yogurt 5.3 oz

Find yogurt products at Target.com! Yoplait greek 100 blackberry tart yogurt 5.3 oz