Sarah Willson and Eric Weiner - Little Star

Dora the Explorer and Boots Help Little Star Get Home Book

Nov 9, 2003 (Updated Nov 10, 2003)

Pros:gets the child involved, fun read

Cons:none

The Bottom Line: I would recommend Little Star as a bedtime story and for any kid who enjoys watching Dora the Explorer. This book gets the kid involved and is great for learning.

My sons, Aaron and Allen, were looking at the books in CVS. Allen picked up the Dora the Explorer Little Star book right away. He loves watching Dora the Explorer so I know that is why he was drawn to this book first. He loves books that he is familiar with the characters and Dora the Explorer is one of his favorites.

The day we got the book my Mom read it to Allen. That is the first time he has ever sat for her to read him a book. Usually he won't let my Mom read to him. He listened intently to ever word though.

Then this evening he brought his Little Star to me and asked me to read his "Dora book". It has the same characters that the Dora the Explorer TV show has. There is of course Dora and her pal Boots. Even the sneaky fox, Swiper, and Map are included.

The Introduction:
The book and the TV show introduces children to some basic Spanish. The book starts out with Dora saying Hola! and introducing herself and her friend, Boots, who is a monkey. Every night before she goes to bed she likes to make a wish on the first star that she sees in the sky. Dora and Boots spot Little Star up in the sky next to the moon.

The Plot:
A comet knocks Little Star to the ground and Dora and Boots must find a way to get her back home to the moon. This book is very good about getting the child involved. It asks "Will you help us?". Allen with his big eyes gleaming proudly said "yes"!

They ask their friend Map to help them find how to get Little Star back to the moon.

The map tells them where to go to get Little Star back to the moon.

On one of the pages the child must count the stars in the sky to get across a bridge. Allen counts them and the riddle is solved.

The sneaky fox, Swiper, even shows up to try and steal Little Star.

Dora and Boots make it to Tall Mountain and decides to throw Little Star back to the moon.

The book then tells the child to "Cup your hands together and on the count of three throw your hands in the air". Allen and I do this together and he thinks it is really fun.

Little Star makes it back to the moon! Now Dora and Boots relax on the grass and make their wishes.

"Star light, star bright,
first star I see tonight.
I wish I may, I wish I might,
have this wish I wish tonight."

Then Dora tells you to make a wish and to have a Good Night!

Product Information:
* Cover Price $3.50
* Adapted by Sarah Wilson and based on the teleplay by Eric Weiner.
* Illustrated by Thompson Bros. Staff.
* Published by Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing in April 2002.
* 24 pages.

Final Conclusion:

The book was quick and easy to read. I read it to Allen within about 5 minutes. Allen really seemed to enjoy this book because it wasn't real lenghty and it got him involved. It asked him questions and had him count stars. These things were fun to him.

The pictures in the book are great and look identical to the characters on the Nick Jr. television show. They are fun and colorful and each of the characters have interesting expressions. You can see a tear in Little Star's eye when she falls to the ground. There are trees, flowers and grass in the background. The characters are laughing and are full of smiles especially when Little Star makes it home.

I don't think anything was left out of the book. It seemed to be complete. I wouldn't make any changes to it. It told a story. It got the child involved. It really made Allen think. He eagerly awaited for the next page. He seemed to be very interested in this book and I know we will read it many more times.

It also included a few words in Spanish which is good for introducing your child to Spanish. Learning some simple words early in life could be great for the child.

This is a good book to read before bedtime or naptime. The setting is at night and it has stars and the moon in the story. This book is suited for children aged 1-4.

ISBN 0689847211

Also look for other Dora the Explorer books at your favorite book store!
Dora's Treasure Hunt
Dora's Colore Adventure!
Dora Saves the Prince
Dora's Backpack

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Help needy families by donating a toy for Christmas

Join "Write You Butt Off W/O"

For more info go to:

Thanks to maggsmomm for hosting this great write-off to help others!!!

This is a Write Your Butt Off W/O Review

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Willson V-40 Alpha Bracket

Willson V-40 Alpha Bracket

Mara Industrial Supply ID: 23677-23677 Willson V-40 Alpha Bracket Fits Willson Alpha Cap And Many Other Safety Caps. For Use With All Wilson Visors Pa...
Lot Of 7 Pair Willson Eye Protection Clear A220

Lot Of 7 Pair Willson Eye Protection Clear A220

Lot of 7 pair Willson Eye Protection Clear A220 New Manufacturer: Willson Willson Item Number: A220 DESCRIPTION / SPECS: Type Safety Glasses Lens Colo...
Willson 14150002 Willson Freedom(TM) 2000 Series Kit, M

Willson 14150002 Willson Freedom(TM) 2000 Series Kit, M

Willson Freedom(TM) 2000 Series Kit, M
WILLSON 14900996 Cartridge Connector Set

WILLSON 14900996 Cartridge Connector Set

Cartridge Connector Set, For Use With SurvivairMax Full Face Respirator, Includes Outer Gasket, Cartridge Connector, Lock Nut and Inhalation Valve
Zoro

Willson Eclipse 138mm Gray Replacement Lens (12)

Willson Eclipse 138mm Gray Replacement Lens (12)

WILLSON PART# 11990210 ECLIPSE SERIES GRAY REPLACEMENT LENSES. NEW. SET OF 12. SIZE 138MM. THIS ITEM NORMALLY SELLS FOR $2.50 EACH-GREAT BUY! $8 SHIPP...

4 Willson Replacement Chemical Cartridges For Respirator

4 Willson Replacement Chemical Cartridges For Respirator

Lot of 4 new Willson replacement chemical cartridges for your respirator. 3 in diameter.

6 Willson R24 Respirator Chemical Filter Cartridges

6 Willson R24 Respirator Chemical Filter Cartridges

This is 1 box of Willson T24 chemical filter cartridges 3 pair (6 filters). I ship worldwide USPS or FedEx. I offer free shipping to lower 48 states. ...
Willson 14150086 Willson Freedom(TM) 2000 Series Kit, S

Willson 14150086 Willson Freedom(TM) 2000 Series Kit, S

Willson Freedom(TM) 2000 Series Kit, S
12 (6 Pair) Willson Model R24 Respirator Chemical Filter Cartridges

12 (6 Pair) Willson Model R24 Respirator Chemical Filter Cartridges

For auction is 6 pair of new sealed Willson R24 Replacement Chemical Cartridges for Respirators. Some packaging shows some shelf wear but all remain i...
WILLSON 14901013, Facepiece Lens