Acer Aspire One AOD270-1410 10.1" (320 GB, Intel Atom Dual-Core, 1.6 GHz, 1 GB) Netbook - Espresso black - LU.SGA0D.026 Reviews

My most used computer in the house!

Aug 21, 2012

• Quality of Tech Support:

Pros:lightweight, easy to handle, contains all the programs you need, has lots of storage

Cons:no internal CD drive, earlier models tend to "freeze up"

The Bottom Line: I would recommend this product because it has more than served its usefulness for me, and I do a lot of work on my computer.

The Acer Aspire One is so small and lightweight that it makes it easy to just pick it up and use it absolutely anywhere!  And what's extra special about that is it contains all the things you would need on a regular (larger, clunkier) laptop including the Windows operating system, Word, Internet, etc. etc.!

But as with all things in life, there are is a con to the Acer Aspire One.  That being that there is no internal CD drive... something that I found out I really missed.  Now of course, you might say, no one is using CDs anymore.  Which I would have to agree with you on, as I myself use USB storage more often than anything (my Acer Aspire One has 3 outlets for USB devices), but when the occasion comes up that I want to use a CD, I either cannot or I have to hook up an external CD reading device.

But with how light and handy my Acer Aspire One is, I can do without the CD drive.

The only other complaint I have about this laptop is that it has "crashed" a couple times in the 4 years I've owned it... or maybe I should say "froze up" to the point that the only thing I could do was press Alt-F10 to completely restore it.  Which ended up in me losing everything.  But thankfully for me, I didn't have much to lose.  But after reading up some more about this model, I've since discovered that the company has made some improvements on it so that this known problem no longer exists.  I seem to have gotten one of the very first try-out models.

But I really still love it!

Operating System: Windows
Internal Storage: Zip Drive
Hard Drive (GB): Over 50

Acer Aspire S7-191 Ultrabook, Core I5 3317U,4Gb, 128Gb Ssd (Silver) -

Acer Aspire S7-191 Ultrabook, Core I5 3317U,4Gb, 128Gb Ssd (Silver) -

Glass- Radically thin, supremely strong, scratch resistant and easy to clean: White Gorilla® Glass 2 makes the beauty of the 13.3 Aspire S7 Series gl...
DelightStore LTD

+$3,000.00 shipping
Acer-Aspire V3-571G-9686 Notebook PC - 3rd Gen Intel Core i7-3632QM 6GB RAM

Acer-Aspire V3-571G-9686 Notebook PC - 3rd Gen Intel Core i7-3632QM 6GB RAM

Windows 8 64-bit; run by the latest operating system 3rd Gen. Intel Core i7-3632QM 2.2GHz Processor; delivers superior computing performance ;6GB RAM;...
Acer Aspire V5-571-323b4G50Makk 15.6in. LED Notebook - Intel Core i3 i3-2365M 1.40 GHz

The full-featured Aspire V5 Series Notebook completes your mobile life style with its impressive performance in an incredibly slim design- and at a pr...
Office Depot

Acer Aspire Switch 10 Touchscreen 2 in 1 - 32GB

Acer Aspire Switch 10 Touchscreen 2 in 1 - 32GB

10.1-inch HD display Intel Atom Z3745 2GB memory/32GB eMMCUp to 8 hours battery life
Microsoft Store

Acer - Aspire V5 Series Ultra-Thin Laptop - Intel Core i7 8GB Memory 1TB, 16 Screen

Acer Aspire V5 Series Ultra-Thin Laptop Thin, Light, and Charismatic with a little kick inside. The Acer Aspire V5 Series Ultra-Thin Laptop has slick ...
TigerDirect.com

Acer Aspire 17 Notebook - 16GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Intel Core i7

Acer Aspire 17 Notebook - 16GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Intel Core i7

Aspire to do more. With the Acer Aspire V3-772G-7660 notebook, you can do it all--and in stunning Full HD, to boot.
QVC

Acer - Aspire M5 15.6 Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i5 - 6GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive - Silver

Only at Best Buy Acer Aspire M5-583P-6423 Laptop: Light enough to take wherever you go, this Acer Aspire laptop keeps you connected to your world. Eas...
Best Buy

Acer - Aspire V7-582PG-6479 15.6 Touchscreen Ultrabook Computer, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i5-4

Acer Aspire V7-582PG-6479 15.6 Touchscreen Ultrabook Computer, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i5-4200U 1.6GHz, 500GB HDD + 16GB SSD, Windows 8.1, Cool Steel The ...
Adorama