Acer Aspire V3-771G-6601 17.3" Black Notebook - NXRYPAA001 Reviews

Acer Aspire V3-771G-6601 17.3" Black Notebook - NXRYPAA001

Epinions Product Rating: OK

Not Just a Good Student Laptop

Aug 9, 2012 (Updated Aug 12, 2012)

• Quality of Tech Support:

Pros:Performance, Runs cool, Great value

Cons:Finger print magnet, lack luster mouse buttons, poor battery life

The Bottom Line: If you can over look this computers few downfalls, you should buy this for sure.

I started looking for good quality laptops for this school year and I stumbled upon the Acer Aspire V3. I looked over the specs and decided to purchase this while it was on sale for $600. I do not plan on using this for only academics, however, as I am a huge gamer nerd. Running modern games requires a pretty good desktop, let alone a laptop, which are always regarded as being pricey, with fewer options.

To start off, the first thing you will notice is this computers design. This computer has a large glassy Black lid. This is very nice but the rest of the outside is quite plain. Two usb 2.0 ports and the CD drive are on the right, and the HDMI, Ethernet, USB 3.0, 4-1 Card, headphone and microphone jacks and the adapter lie on the left. Once you open the laptop up, you see a gray matte finish placed up alongside the black palm rests. The speaker is located above the keyboard. This computer is quite heavy at about five and a half pounds, and it is quite large at 17 inches. I am primarily using this as a dorm type laptop that, for the most part, will just sit inside my room while I do work/play games.

Acer created this laptop with CineCrystal Technology. This is a LED lit back screen that offers really crisp and clean viewing experience. This computer offers a 1366 x 768 display. I watched an HD movie for over an hour and I was very happy with the results. I would've appreciated a higher resolution, but I could live without it.  I also noticed a little glare, but it wasn't to noticeable, or noticeable all the time.

The speakers above the keyboard didn't really get to loud, though. That is my one disappointment in its multimedia uses. The sound was very crisp but I still decided to use a pair of headphones to supplement my addiction to Drum and Bass. After watching the movie, I went to go close my laptop, and I prepared for the worst. I expected to pull my hand away and see a small flame lit on my fingertip. No really, these things tend to run pretty hot. I am happy to announce I still have my fingers and I was able to use my laptop to surf the internet without any heat issues.

The Acer Aspire V3 has a tremendously fluid keyboard. I am able to glide my fingers across and type with ease. The buttons are large and easy to press. The mouse pad also works pretty well. Maneuvering the mouse is very fluid along with the easily done pinch to zoom and two finger scrolling features. I still prefer a mouse though due to the fact that   I didn't enjoy the right and left mouse buttons. The glossy black parts of this laptop are a finger print magnet also.

Speaking of gaming, this laptop packs a heck of a punch: It comes with a second generation Intel i5 clocked in at 2.5ghz; A respectable 4G DDR3; and my favorite, the NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M. This graphics card is a fast middle class laptop graphics card and I have been able to run both Skyrim and Battlefield 3, both high taxing games, on detail settings low. I also tested World of Warcraft, a less taxing game, and I was able to comfortably play this game on ultra. In other words you can run taxing games, but don't expect to be maxing out your settings.

This computer takes around 50-60 seconds to boot up. I tested the battery life in comparison with what the company was reporting and I was able to use wifi and surf the internet for around 5 hours before death occurred.

The Acer Aspire is a nice mix of power and affordability. I mean, who says power can't be affordable!? It isn't just a good choice for students; it is a good choice for up and coming casual pc gamers. If you don't care about running all of your games on the highest setting, and you can get over the other few downfalls, this computer will serve you very well for the years to come.

Operating System: Windows
Processor: Other
Processor speed: over 1000
Screen Size: Greater than 15 inches
RAM: More than 256
Internal Storage: CD-RW and DVD
Hard Drive (GB): Over 50

Acer Aspire V5-571-323b4G50Makk 15.6in. LED Notebook - Intel Core i3 i3-2365M 1.40 GHz

The full-featured Aspire V5 Series Notebook completes your mobile life style with its impressive performance in an incredibly slim design- and at a pr...
Office Depot

Acer-Aspire V3-571G-9686 Notebook PC - 3rd Gen Intel Core i7-3632QM 6GB RAM

Acer-Aspire V3-571G-9686 Notebook PC - 3rd Gen Intel Core i7-3632QM 6GB RAM

Windows 8 64-bit; run by the latest operating system 3rd Gen. Intel Core i7-3632QM 2.2GHz Processor; delivers superior computing performance ;6GB RAM;...
Acer - Aspire E5-771-37GD 17.3 Notebook Computer, Intel Core i3-4030U 1.8GHz Processor, 4

Acer Aspire E5-771-37GD 17.3 Notebook Computer, Intel Core i3-4030U 1.8GHz Processor, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Windows 8.1, Iron Silver The Acer Aspire E5-...
Adorama

Newegg.com

Acer-Aspire V3-551-8469 Notebook PC - 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD, DVDRW, 15.6 Display, Win

AMD A8-4500M 1.9GHz Quad-Core processor; comes with TurboCORE Technology for up to 2.8GHz speedAMD Radeon HD 7640G GPU; delivers very high detail qual...
Acer - Aspire V3-772G-7872 Notebook PC - Intel Core i7-4712MQ 2.20GHz, 1, Laptops

Acer Aspire V3-772G-7872 Notebook PC For a powerful laptop that gives you the chance to be you and be productive while you do it, turn to the awesome ...
TigerDirect.com

Acer Aspire V3772G 17.3 inch Notebook with Intel Core i74702U Processor Windows 8

Acer V3772G. Intel Core i74702U CPU, 17.3 Full HD Display, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD 120GB SSD, BluRay Combo Drive, Windows 8. Product Identifiers: Brand: Acer...
Toys R Us

Acer Aspire S7-191 Ultrabook, Core I5 3317U,4Gb, 128Gb Ssd (Silve

Acer Aspire S7-191 Ultrabook, Core I5 3317U,4Gb, 128Gb Ssd (Silve

Glass- Radically thin, supremely strong, scratch resistant and easy to clean: White Gorilla® Glass 2 makes the beauty of the 13.3 Aspire S7 Series gl...
Mobitech Store