Nellie's All-Natural Laundry Soda Reviews

Nellie's All-Natural Laundry Soda

Nellies All Natural Laundry Soda - Better than Free and Clear

Dec 19, 2012

Pros:clothes clean and odor free

Cons:none noted

The Bottom Line: Nellies Laundry Soda, is an awesome laundry cleaner that leaves my clothes clean and does not leave residue in my washing machine.

I have been trying some new laundry products ever since I noticed a nasty smell coming from my washer. I have always used free and clear products and I thought my clothes were getting clean, but I have noticed at times if something had an odor I would have to wash it again. I started adding 20 Mule Team Borax to my regular laundry detergent and was impressed with the added brightness, but my washer was still getting stinky. Every three to four weeks I would have to treat it with Clorox Washing Machine Cleaner. I do not even have a front load washer, but I do have a newer washer that uses less water.

I saw Nellie's Laundry Soda on Amazon and it got really great reviews, so I thought I would try it. The cost was more pricey than typical laundry detergent but you only need a little bit and it lasts a long time so I thought I would give it a try. I have been using it with the borax and absolutely love it.

What is Nellie's All Natural Laundry Soda

Packaging: Nellie's Laundry Soda comes in a 3.3lb Tin. Inside the tin, the laundry soda is in a plastic bag and there is a scoop on the top. The scoop is plastic and measures one tablespoon. The tin is approximately 7" tall and 4.5" wide and 4.5" deep. I really like that it comes in the tin but it would be nice if I could just buy a refill and re-use the tin. I did notice on their website that you can buy a large tub of it, but that would be way too much for me. This size lasts for 100 loads. I do not do that much laundry so it could last me quite a while. I noticed that they also have a smaller container which is like a pouch and only has enough for 50 loads.

What it looks and smells like: Nellie's Laundry Soda is a pure white powder. It is not so fine that it puffs up. It is more the consistency of a fine sugar. There is no fragrance added to this laundry cleaner but it does have a slight scent. I guess the closest thing I can think of is that it smells like clean laundry that you just took off the clothes line. I am not sure if that is actually a scent, and I have not hung laundry out since I was a kid, but it reminds me of the way my clothes smelled after my Mom hung them out on the line.

Cost and Value: Nellies Laundry Soda is about $17 for 100 loads. While the tin costs more than normal detergent, I use so little that a small tin lasts as long as 3 or more similarly sized regular detergents.

What is in it: Coconut Oil Based Surfactants, Sodium Carbonate(soda ash) - Sodium Carbonate softens water and provides alkalinity. Sodium Metasilicate - Helps keep the metal parts of the washer from corroding. Fatty Alcohol Ethoxylate - cleaning agent, Sodium Chloride - Helps hold the product together and helps it flow.

Made in Canada: Nellie's is made in Canada by Batten Industries Inc. For information call 888-984-7471 (toll free) I had to call them to ask a question about the ingredients because the website differed from what was printed on the box. They were extremely helpful. You can also get more info by going to www.nelliesallnatural.com

Using Nellie's Laundry Soda

Instructions for use: Use one scoop of Nellie's Laundry Soda for each regular sized load. I used one scoop regardless of load size. I also was adding borax and this worked fine for me. You can use Nellie's with Cold or Hot water.

How well it dissolves: Nellie's dissolves completely and does not appear to leave any residue. My clothes just smell clean when they come out of the washer. So far I think I have noted that my washer is not getting smelly any more. I am hoping that lasts so that I do not have to keep running the Clorox Washing Machine Cleaner through my washer.

Warnings: Always tests on fabrics that might fade or bleed. I did not notice any issues with this even on two pairs of new jeans that I washed.

HE Washers: Nellie's Laundry Soda is safe for HE washers. The packaging states HE on the front. I can not see my washer when it is in use, but I have read elsewhere that Nellie's produces very low suds.

How well it cleans: I am most impressed with how well Nellie's cleans. Considering that I am using so little product it does a fantastic job cleaning my clothes. When I take them out of the dryer they are not only visibly clean but they smell so clean. I have always noted that my regular detergent while my clothes were clean at times if I washed something with an odor, it did not remove it until I washed it a few times. Nellie's gets my laundry smelling clean after one wash.

Final thoughts and Rating

I am giving Nellie's Laundry Soda 5 stars for meeting my expectations and exceeding them in all areas.

Thanks for reading my review

:-)

Becky

Nellie's Nls-50 All Natural Laundry Soda, 50 Load Bag

Nellie's Nls-50 All Natural Laundry Soda, 50 Load Bag

Nellie's NLS-50 All Natural Laundry Soda, 50 Load Bag Discover the true smell of naturally clean clothes with Nellie's laundry soda. Only one tablespo...

Nellie's NLS-50 All Natural Laundry Soda, 50 Load Bag

Nellie's NLS-50 All Natural Laundry Soda, 50 Load Bag

Features: Certified biodegradable Non toxic constituents Hypoallergenic Leaves clothes soft and fresh No residue Non-toxic Discover the true smell of ...
Super Concentrated Nellie's All Natural Hypoallergenic Laundry Soda 100 Load Tin

Super Concentrated Nellie's All Natural Hypoallergenic Laundry Soda, 100 Load Tin Hypoallergenic Residue free All natural ingredients Leaves clothes s...

Nellie's NLS-100T All Natural Laundry soda, 100 Load Tin, NLS-100T, 3.3 Pound

Nellie's NLS-100T All Natural Laundry soda, 100 Load Tin, NLS-100T, 3.3 Pound

Features: Hypoallergenic Residue free All natural ingredients Leaves clothes soft and fresh Super concentrated Same great laundry soda that you have a...
Crate and Barrel Nellie's™ All-Natural Laundry Soda

Crate and Barrel Nellie's™ All-Natural Laundry Soda

Expertly designed to care for your finest clothing, Nellie's All-Natural Laundry Soda is hypoallergenic-perfect for baby clothes and sensitive skin. U...
Crate & Barrel

Nellie's Nls-50 Laundry Soda Bag, 1.3 Lbs

Nellie's Nls-50 Laundry Soda Bag, 1.3 Lbs

Highlights: Size : 1.3 lbs 50 load All natural detergent Biodegradable Non-toxic Hypoallergenic Septic safe Coconut based surfactant Bag