All-Power America All Power APG3535CN Propane Portable Generator (852055002122) Reviews

All-Power America All Power APG3535CN Propane Portable Generator (852055002122)

Dependable After Long Storage Periods

Dec 1, 2012 (Updated Dec 2, 2012)

Pros:Quiet, stores/starts easy, light weight, eco friendly, no fuel problems.

Cons:Product is made in China, and the rubber used isn't as good as U.S. made.

The Bottom Line: I recommend this generator due to it's excellent dependabiltiy after long storage.  Fuel system maintainance is zero!

I purchased an All Power 3500 Watt generator because of problems my dad always had with his generators. Let's face it, when the power is on, you don't need or use your generator.  We mostly have the need for one once a year during deer season, or when the power does go out.  With the Ethanol content and short shelf life of today's gasoline, the gas left in the tank and carbuerators of gas powered generators turns to gel.  When you have an emergency need of your generator, they won't run.  My dad faced this problem year after year, even when he would take the generators to the small engine shop and have them prepared for long storage.  When I saw the All Power generator listed in Heartland America's catalogue, I thought it would fit my needs perfectly.

I ordered the generator, paying $500 plus frieght for it.  It sat in storage for over a year in the box before I needed it.

Out of the box -
When I finally took it out for a remote project that I needed power tools, I added oil, attached a standard BBQ propane bottle, and turned on the propane.
Then I followed the directions on the generator itself: Choke, press the purge button for 3 seconds, turn a fuel dial to "start", turn the switch to "on", pulled the cord three times and it started.  Set the choke to run, and the start dial to "run", and that was it.  The generator was quieter than gasoline generators in my opinion, and the smell of propane burning does not bother my eyes the way gasoline engines do.

Long term storage -
After the first use, I simply unhooked the propane bottle, and used the rest of it with my BBQ grill.  That's it.  No fuel tanks to drain, no carbs to worry about, fuel filters to clog, or any other fuel related problems.  I keep my generator under an out building, and I do keep the propane line either connected or taped up due to "mud daubers" plugging the lines with mud (I thought I was being smart about this, only to find after storage the mud daubers filled the electrical outlets, too! So put tape over all holes).

Use after a Long Storage -
My All Power propane generator had sat in storage under my outbuilding for over 2 years.  Covered in dirt and cobwebs, with several mud dauber's nests attached, the generator looked 100 years old.  I attached the propane bottle, went through the start routine, and the generator started on the third pull.  It ran for about 30 seconds, and fell on it's face.  The rpm's went to a fast idle, and it started shaking violently.  Moving the generator into the daylight, I tilted it on its side so that I could see under the cover.  It was then that I found that all the rubber lines had dry rotted, and the engine was starving for fuel.  This included the fuel line from the regulator to the carb, and the vacuum line from the breather to the valve cover.  The high pressure line from the fuel valve to the regulator had some cracks in it, but no ruptures.  The rubber boot on the spark plug that helps prevent water from getting to the spark plug was also rotted.  It took me about 30 minutes to replace and repair all the lines.  After attaching the propane bottle again, it started on the second pull, and ran like a sewing machine.

Performance -
The All Power propane generator is a dependable machine.  It starts easy, and runs quiet.  When you run out of fuel, you simply attach another bottle of propane.  It is safe to have several bottles sitting on standby.  There is no danger of spilling fuel onto a hot engine, not to mention the dangers of open fuel containers.  The propane is contained safely inside cylinders.  Some catalogues state up to 20 hours on a bottle of propane, but I only get about 8.  You could always use bigger bottles for longer continuous run times.
The unit produces 3500 watts. Both 110 and 220 a.c. voltage, and 12 volt d.c.  This makes it very versatile in applications.
The 6 h.p. motor runs very smooth, and is well balanced.

Suggestions -
Watch all the rubber lines on these units.  If you have the ability, just go ahead and change them out with high quality rubber lines.
I plan on buying another one the these units, just to be prepared for a long term power outage.  I have a 1000 gallon propane tank for my home, and am planning on adding taps so that I could pull my well pump with one, and power vital systems in the house with the other.

All Power America Apg3535cn 3 500 Watt 6.5 Hp Ohv Propane Powered Generator

All Power America Apg3535cn 3 500 Watt 6.5 Hp Ohv Propane Powered Generator

We Guarantee - Great buys, Fast shipping, value for your money! NEW All Power America APG3535CN 3 500 Watt 6.5 HP OHV Propane Powered Generator - Bran...

All Power 3500W 6.5 HP Propane Powered Generator with Mobility Kit Multicolor - APG3535CN

Shop for Generators and Heaters from Hayneedle.com! The All Power 3500W 6.5 HP Propane Powered Generator with Mobility Kit lets you keep the power goi...
Hayneedle

Hayneedle

All Power Apg3535cn 6.5 Hp 3000w Propane Powered Camping Rv Portable Generator

All Power Apg3535cn 6.5 Hp 3000w Propane Powered Camping Rv Portable Generator

VMInnovations Mobile Electronics Home Electronics Sports Outdoors Toys Baby For Your Home All Power APG3535CN 6.5 Hp 3000W Propane Powered Camping RV ...

All Power Generator. 3,500-Watt Propane Portable Generator APG3535CN

All Power Generator. 3,500-Watt Propane Portable Generator APG3535CN

Shop for Outdoor Power Equipment at The Home Depot. The propane powered APG3535CN is more efficient for cleaner air and cleaner environment. Offering ...
Home Depot

Allpower 3500W Propane Generator, APG3535CN

Allpower 3500W Propane Generator, APG3535CN

The Allpower 3500W Generator, APG3535CN, is ideal for any power needs and offers the same performance on propane as compared to other units powered by...