Amazon Kindle 4 6" eBook Reader (B0051QVESA)

Read eBooks for Free!

Feb 25, 2012

Pros:Affordable price point
Easy to Use
Compact size
PDF file friendly

Cons:In Black and White, but this is not so bad

The Bottom Line: Kindle is for the book lover who does not want to pay retail for eBooks by using its Kindle Owner's Lending Library ( Amazon Prime membership) to expand your library!

Overview:
There are many different eReaders on the market. They generally fall into two categories- one where you can go surf on the internet and the other where the battery life lasts for a long time. Amazon's Kindle e-Reader (4th Generation) falls into the second category. Easy for me to use, I can load a bunch of books on it and it is so simple to use that even my mom knows how to use it. On one charge, I can take it with me on my week long trips and not worry about it running out of battery.

The Good:
Kindle's contrasting E Ink display delivers clear, crisp texts in black and white. There is no color on the screen, just like reading a paperback.

It is lightweight (6 oz), fits in my bag and on the off chance that I misplace the Kindle, I am not fretting about $600 (how much one spends on an iPad).

Battery life: Unlike an iPad or my phone, I can go through a week without recharging the Kindle. As Amazon's website states, "One Month Battery Life No battery anxiety - read for up to one month on a single charge with wireless off and a half hour of reading per day". I think that is a little bit of an exaggeration because who just reads for precisely 30 minutes and only 30 minutes a day? I am hapy with the devise.

The Bad:
It is not a touchpad. I am okay with that though, especially considering the price point.

Why I Adore the Kindle:
Personally, I do not know how much difference there is between a 2nd Generation and this 4th Generation Kindle. For me, this was not an update from a previous generation. I picked the Kindle over the Nook because I liked the Kindle Owners' Lending Library.

Kindle Owner's Lending Library allows Amazon Prime members to read a bunch of ebooks for FREE! While I was trying to figure out if I should get another gadget that may clutter up my apartment, I realized that the devise takes up less place than two paperbacks, and the addition of the Amazon Prime membership means that I can read Kindle edition books for free!

Another feature I really like is the fact that I can borrow eBooks in Kindle editions from my public library. I live in NYC and with the www.nypl.org, I can sign into my account and borrow bestseller eBooks for free!

This unit pays for itself after reading 8 books!

I will recommend this unit to people who are on the fence about the unit.

Amazon Kindle 2 3 Ebook Reader Wall Charger Adapter 3g

Amazon Kindle 2 3 Ebook Reader Wall Charger Adapter 3g

Great Price ! for Amazon Kindle series fit Kindle Fire, Touch, Keyboard, DX, and Kindle,Kindle 2 quality brand new travel wall charger 100V~240V input...

Battery for Amazon Kindle 2 II eBook Reader Book eReader 2nd Generation Gen DX S11S01A DR-A011

Amazon Kindle 2 Dx Ebook Reader Ac Wall Charger Adapter

Amazon Kindle 2 Dx Ebook Reader Ac Wall Charger Adapter

for Amazon Kindle DX 2nd generation high quality brand new generic wall charger model specification Kindle 2 Dx 100V~240V input 5V, 1000mA output abou...

Battery for Amazon Kindle 3 Kindle3 Wifi eBook Reader Mobile Portable Download Book s11gtsf01a New
Amazon Kindle 2 3g Dx Wifi Ebook Reader Travel Charger

Amazon Kindle 2 3g Dx Wifi Ebook Reader Travel Charger

for Amazon Kindle DX 2nd generation high quality brand new wall charger model specification Kindle 2 Dx 100V~240V input Kindle 3 3G 5V, 1000mA output ...

Battery for Amazon Kindle 1 eBook Reader Book 1st Generation Gen A00100 BA1001 IBYKB BPA-256 ERDA100

Battery 5-PACK for Amazon Kindle 3 Kindle3 Wifi eBook Reader Mobile Portable Book S11GTSF01A - 5x

PU Leather Flip Case for Amazon Kindle 3 eBook Reader - Navor (Black)

PU Leather Flip Case for Amazon Kindle 3 eBook Reader - Navor (Black)

This new Kindle 3 Case does double duty to protect and hold your back pocket belongings in one secure location.
PU Leather Folio Case for Amazon Kindle 3 eBook Reader - Navor (Black)

PU Leather Folio Case for Amazon Kindle 3 eBook Reader - Navor (Black)