Amazon Kindle Fire, Full Color 7 Multi-touch Display, Wi-fi eBook Reader

Love my Kindle Fire

Jul 31, 2012

Pros:Lightweight, great colors on screen, and easy to use.

Cons:I wish it would stay charged longer than it does...and charge quicker.

The Bottom Line: Great device for reading, watching movies, and so easy to use...take it anywhere with you and have hours of entertainment.

What a surprise on Christmas morning when I opened this "little black book" from my husband!  A few of my friends had Nooks and Kindles but I still just loved the feel of turning the pages in a book and everything else that came with holding that book in my hands.  I didn't have any desire to buy an electronic device such as this, but....that all changed after just a few days.

First let me start with the basics of the Kindle Fire.  The moniter/display is multi-touch and a 1024 x 600 pixel resolution at 169 ppi.  Pretty amazing for the 7 inch screen!  The color is unreal when watching a video...like you are at the theater or watching it on HD TV.  You can change the brightness and volume on the screen with a quick touch.  I especially like this at night when hubby is trying to sleep and I can tone down the brightness so the light won't bother him.  If I want to watch a video I just hook up the earphones and I am set!

Weighing in at a little under a pound it's so easy to stick in your purse and take with you where ever you go.  The cost when it was purchased in December of 2011 was $199.  I purchased a leather case to keep it in that cost about $25...purchased on Amazon.com.  It keeps the device clean and is so easy to prop up on a table, in bed, or anywhere else where it's easier to do that than hold.

The Kindle Fire has 8GB internal.  That's enough space for about a dozen movies, several thousand books, and nearly 100 apps.

You have about 8 hours of worth of continuous reading or 7.5 hours of video playback, with wireless off. Battery life varues depending on wireless usage, such as surfing the net and downloading other info.  It takes roughly 4 hours to fully charge the KF using a USB.

You get a one year limited warranty and one month of prime membership for free.   There's an optional two year extended warranty available for U.S. customers (sold separately).

I hope I haven't forgotten anything too important when describing the Kindle Fire.  Now I want to tell you about some of my personal favorites:

Although I still love the feel of a REAL book (and I still purchase them regularly) I have found so many good books and GREAT prices (a lot of them FREE) .  They download quick and instead of taking a stack of books on vacation with you, just take your one "little black book".

Two other great features are the videos and television shows that you can watch via wireless or download and watch later.  This also depends on the cost sometimes.  If the movie or television show is free then you cannot download it...you have to have wifi and watch it then.  Otherwise, you can purchase shows and movies and watch them later.  This does take up a good bit of space though.  I have found so many good movies that I otherwise wouldn't have discovered if it hadn't been for the library on my KF.

If you like an occasional game there are tons of games that you can get for free or very little.  I personally have enjoyed playing Angry Birds occasionally and a few other little games that my kids have downloaded and got me hooked on.

My favorite apps are Amazon, TWC, Facebook, Ebay, and Pinterest.   I have discovered that you can't do some things on the Kindle Fire that you can do on your PC or laptop with Facebook, but it will suffice until you can catch up later.  You can also purchase books, movies, apps, etc on your PC or laptop and they will be downloaded directly to your KF and you don't have to have it with you while doing this.

One more feature that I want to share with you is the Prime Membership.  For $80 a year you can purchase this feature which not only gives you special pricing on many books, apps, and movies but also gets you free shipping with anything you buy on Amazon.  And that leads me to the last thing I want to add....with one click (well maybe two or three) you can purchase items on Amazon.com and be billed and shipped without typing in all of your information each time.  When you set your account up on the Kindle Fire you have the option of putting in a direct line that you want to bill when you purchase anything from your Kindle Fire.  The shipping info is also there to set up and you don't have to put in that info unless you're changing it for some reason.

I honestly never thought I would enjoy the Kindle Fire as much as I have.  I heard a teenager once say that his phone was his best friend.  Well, the KF is not my best friend, but it goes mostly everywhere with me.

I hope I haven't left anything out but if I have maybe I haven't discovered it yet...Happy Reading!

Transformers Style Slim Smart PU Leather Cover Case for Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7 Multi Col

Compatibility:Kindle Fire HDX; Features:Cases with Stand,Full Body Cases; Material:PU Leather; Style:Solid Color; Color:Brown,Blue,Green,Red,Black,Pin...
All Updated - Amazon Kindle Fire 2 Ii Touch Tablet 8gb - Wi-fi - 7in - Black

All Updated - Amazon Kindle Fire 2 Ii Touch Tablet 8gb - Wi-fi - 7in - Black

All New Updated - Amazon Kindle Fire 2 II Touch Tablet 8GB - Wi-Fi - 7in - Black Detailed item info Product Information Powered by a fast dual-core pr...

Amazon Kindle Fire White Hybrid Defender Case Kick Stand For Kindle Fire

Amazon Kindle Fire White Hybrid Defender Case Kick Stand For Kindle Fire

hmart12 Store This hybrid case accessory keeps your Amazon Kindle Fire attractive and usable while protected from dust and scratches Provide all-round...

Transformers Style Slim Smart PU Leather Cover Case for Amazon Kindle Fire New HD 7 Multi

Compatibility:Kindle Fire HD; Features:Cases with Stand,Full Body Cases; Material:PU Leather; Style:Solid Color; Color:Brown,Blue,Red,Black,Orange,Pur...

Amazon Kindle Powerfast USB Power Adapter Charger for Kindle Fire and Fire HD
Amazon Kindle Fire Hd , Wi-fi, 7in - Black (brand New)

Amazon Kindle Fire Hd , Wi-fi, 7in - Black (brand New)

Breakthrough Hardware Technology When it comes to HD displays, great resolution is just the start. Unlike other 7 tablets, Kindle Fire HD delivers ric...

Crazy Horse Style Slim Smart PU Leather Cover Case for Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7 Multi Color

Compatibility:Kindle Fire HD; Features:Full Body Cases; Material:PU Leather; Style:Solid Color; Color:Purple,Brown,Blue,Red,Black; Weight (kg):0.2
Amazon Kindle Fire Hd 16gb, Wi-fi, 7in - Black

Amazon Kindle Fire Hd 16gb, Wi-fi, 7in - Black

amazon amzkinfirehd 16 product features watch your favorite movies and tv shows read books chat with friends and do lots more with the intelligently d...

Amazon Kindle Fire HD, WiFi, 7, 8GB, Black

Amazon Kindle Fire HD, WiFi, 7, 8GB, Black

All-new Fire OS 3.0 Mojito. Ultra-fast Web browsing over dual-band WiFi, plus updated e-mail and calendar support for Gmail, Outlook, and more
Quill.com