Anti-Glare Screen Protector for Google Nexus 7 Reviews

Anti-Glare Screen Protector for Google Nexus 7

Protect Your Nexus 7 Tablet From Glare, Fingerprints And Pet Hair

Feb 28, 2013 (Updated Mar 19, 2013)

Pros:Provides moderate glare protection, a must for fingerprint phobics.

Cons:Needs to be centered correctly, will not eliminate all glare.

The Bottom Line: If you're unhappy with the glare coming off your Nexus or hate having to clean fingerprints, this is a decent screen protector to get.

I'm still on the fence about the Nexus 7 Tablet and it's overall capabilities; I love it for Skype but taking pictures with it is awkward because of the front-facing camera. When I got this I knew I needed a screen protector for it; I hated having prints on the iPod Touch and he Kyocera Hydro and didn't want to go through the same issues with the screen not responding because of fingerprints.

The big-name screen protectors were about $8.00 so I went with this one for about half price and got it online; it fits perfectly but you need to make sure it's centered correctly so the edges don't start to furl. Placing it takes about ten seconds but you'll want to remove any air bubbles before you start using it or when you're swiping on the screen you'll have less-than-fluid movements.

This reduces the glare by about 60% indoors, outdoors you're going to get less protection. When using Skype or the camera features for picture or video there's no blockage of the lens if you have it placed correctly. Thankfully this isn't a one-time-use item so you can lift it off and reposition it if you didn't get it right the first time.

You're going to want to make sure the screen face is completely clear and free of dust, lint and fingerprints before you start. I worked mine from the top to bottom and only ended up with a few bubbles that were easy to remove. You do get a cloth and small card to remove bubbles but it's easier to just work them out with your finger than to take a chance of gouging the protector.

This is branded for the Nexus 7 but I would assume that it could be used for other tablets if they're the same size and have the same camera position. That's the only cut-out area on the protector so you'll want to be sure this is going to work with your tablet. For $4.29 it's worked perfectly and if I needed another one I'd reorder from the same place; depending on how long this lasts I might order three at a time to get the discount.

If you need to remove this for any reason make sure you have something plastic or glass that you can adhere it to so it doesn't get ripped or creased. That's essentially the kiss of death for something like this. I wouldn't suggest trimming this for any reason because the edges could easily end up wavy or rough resulting in poor contact with the screen. So far I haven't had any problems with it but it is usually in a case when it leaves the house. For fingerprints it's an excellent investment because it does keep the face clean but you'll still need something to protect the rest of the tablet.

^V^©Freak369-2013^V^

Anti-fingerprint Matte Anti-glare Screen Protector For Asus Google Nexus 7

Anti-fingerprint Matte Anti-glare Screen Protector For Asus Google Nexus 7

Product description Anti-fingerprint matte Anti-Glare screen protector for Asus Google Nexus 7 High-definition anti-glare coated film, protect screen ...

Google Nexus 5 Anti-Glare/Anti-Fingerprint Matte Screen Protector [3-Pack]

Google Nexus 5 Anti-Glare/Anti-Fingerprint Matte Screen Protector [3-Pack]

WHY SHOULD YOU BUY TECH ARMOR SCREEN PROTECTORS?DID YOU KNOW - A screen full of scratches will lower your resale value!PRESERVE YOUR INVESTMENT AND MA...
4-Pack Premium HD Screen Protectors ( Clear / Matte Anti Glare ) for Motorola / Google Nexus 6

1) Brand New Evecase Screen Protector 4-Pack custom cut to fit the Motorola / Google Nexus 6 smartphone display. Made of high quality PET Film with st...
BasAcc Anti-glare Screen Protector for Google New Nexus 7

BasAcc Anti-glare Screen Protector for Google New Nexus 7

This is a BasAcc anti-glare screen protector for Google New Nexus 7. Protect your LCD screen against bumps and scratches with this accessory set.
Vena vShield AG Anti-Glare (Matte) Screen Protector for Google Nexus 6 - 3-Pack

Vena vShield AG Anti-Glare (Matte) Screen Protector for Google Nexus 6 - 3-Pack

Anti-Glare Matte Japanese PET Film The vShield's 220 m Anti-Glare triple layer polyester film minimizes reflection and prevents eyestrain while provi...
BasAcc Pink Stylus/ Anti-glare Screen Protector for Google New Nexus 7

BasAcc Pink Stylus/ Anti-glare Screen Protector for Google New Nexus 7

This is a BasAcc 2-piece set for Google New Nexus 7. Protect your cell phone against bumps and scratches with this set.
Samsung Google Nexus S Anti-Fingerprint, Anti Glare - Matte Finishing Screen Protector ( 3 Pack )

Designed for perfect fit with the Samsung Google Nexus S screen, offering full screen protectionOffers tough, durable, transparent surface while keepi...
Acase Nexus 10 Screen Protector MATTE Anti-Glare Protector Shield Film for Google/Samsung Nexus 10 (3 Packs)

Nexus 10 Screen Protector. Compatibility: Google Nexus 10 (2012) by SamsungMaterial: 3-layer PET film from Japan. Matte finish to reduce glare and fin...
HR Wireless Samsung Google Nexus S 4G i9020 i9020s Anti Glare Screen Protector - Retail Packaging