APC APC P8Vt3 8-Outlet Essential Surgearrest Surge Protector 1 ct (Quantity of 1) (ds1851) Surge Suppressor

APC (P8VT3) SurgeArrest Surge Protector - Versatile 2770 joules Protection

Mar 2, 2012 (Updated Mar 2, 2012)

Pros:2770 joules protection, versatile connections, shuttered outlets, Lifetime Product Warranty (read details)

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: The APC (P8VT3) SurgeArrest Surge Protector offers 2770 joules of protection for most home office and audio-visual equipment at an affordable price.

The APC (P8VT3-Home Office Series) SurgeArrest Surge Protector provides 2770 joules of protection for an affordable price.

If you cannot view the picture, please copy and paste the following link to your browser to view this item:

Last year my husband picked up a new surge protector for me to replace the one that I use to plug in my laptop next to my living room chair.  It only had a 3’ cord and 1000 joules of protection...A joule is a measurement of energy that a surge protector component can absorb.  I would have preferred a higher joules rating; but it was adequate for my needs.  Following is the link to that review.  Please copy and paste to your browser:

As it turns out, the 3’ cord would have been long enough if I just left the surge protector plugged in and lying on the floor; however, I always pick up the surge protector, turn it off and then plug in my computer to prevent sparking.  I kept pulling the plug out of the socket, so I decided that I needed a different surge protector with a longer cord. As long as I was going to replace the other surge protector, I opted for a higher joules rating.

The APC (P8VT3) has a 6’ power cord, 8 outlets, (4 designed for transformer blocks-those rectangular shaped plugs that take up all the room on a power strip), and a $150,000 Lifetime Connected Equipment Protection policy.  APC guarantees protection from any power surges or spikes...Be sure to read the material included that will give you details about this Protection plan.

A really nice added feature with this surge protector is the outlet “shutter”.  If you’re not using an outlet, you can push a plastic piece over the outlet to keep the dust out.  The On/Off Switch doubles as a resettable circuit breaker.  The Protection Working Indicator assures you that your surge protector is on and functioning.  There is also a Building Wiring Fault Indicator.  If that light is illuminated, there is some sort of a potentially dangerous wiring condition which requires the services of an electrician.

There are jacks “In” and “To Equipment” that provide COAX Surge Protection for your TV and other audio-visual equipment that could be harmed by surges travelling through COAX lines.  There are 3 Telephone/DSL jacks, (1 “In” and 2 “To Equipment”), to protect your phones, modems, satellite receivers, fax machines, etc. from surges travelling over the phone lines.

The plug is set at a right angle so that you can place the surge protector closer to the wall or put it up against furniture.  It also rotates 180 degrees.  There are wall mount holes in the protector if you need to hang it on a wall. Cord management straps, a coax cable and a telephone cable are included.

I have been extremely happy with this surge protector.  I now feel more comfortable knowing that it has a higher joules rating, providing better equipment coverage, and the flexibility to handle any other equipment I may want to connect.

If you’re looking for a reliable, affordable surge protection solution for your home office and/or audio-visual equipment, you might want to check out the APC (P8VT3) SurgeArrest Surge Protector.

Thank you for stopping by and reading my review.  I hope it was helpful!

APC P8VT3 8-Outlet Essential SurgeArrest(R) Surge Protector (Telephone & Coaxial Protection)

Apc P8vt3 American Power Conversion- 8 Outlet 1750j Surge

Apc P8vt3 American Power Conversion- 8 Outlet 1750j Surge

Welcome to Our ebay store... Shop categories Shop Pages Product Information AMERICAN POWER CONVERSION-APC P8VT3 8 OUTLET 1750J SURGE Item#: 670006 Bra...

APC P8VT3 8-OUTLET ESSENTIAL SURGEARREST(TM) SURGE PROTECTOR (TELEPHONE & COAXIAL PROTECTION)

8 OUTLETS; <85V LET THROUGH VOLTAGE RATING; TELEPHONE PROTECTION WITH 2-WAY SPLITTER; PLUG-ACTIVATED SAFETY SHUTTERS; NOMINAL INPUT VOLTAGE: 120V; INP...
Apc P11vt3 Performance Surgearrest 11 Outlets With Tel2/splitter And Coax

Apc P11vt3 Performance Surgearrest 11 Outlets With Tel2/splitter And Coax

APC P11VT3 PERFORMANCE SURGEARREST 11 OUTLETS WITH TEL2/SPLITTER AND COAX JACKS, 120V Opened non-defective items are not returnable.Cannot be shipped ...

Apc P8vt3 8-outlet Essential Surgearrest(r) Surge Protector (telephone & Coaxial Protection)

8 outlets 2 525 joules telephone protection with 2-way splitter plug-activated safety shutters nominal input voltage: 120v input connections: nema 5-1...
Apc P8vt3 8-outlet Surge Protector Surgearrest Telephone & Coaxial Protection

Apc P8vt3 8-outlet Surge Protector Surgearrest Telephone & Coaxial Protection

Same Day Shipping on orders placed before 4pm EST (Mon-Fri) Questions? Call us Mon-Fri 10am-6pm PST 1-800-757-1520 APC P8VT3 8-Outlet Surge Protector ...

Apc P8vt3 8 Outlet 2770j Surge Protector

APC P610 Essential SurgeArrest 6 Outlet 10 Foot Cord  120V

APC P610 Essential SurgeArrest 6 Outlet 10 Foot Cord 120V

APC’s SurgeArrest fail safe which means that once the circuit of an APC SurgeArrest has been compromised the unit disconnects equipment from the po...
MacMall
APC 11 Outlet 2375J Surge P11VT3

APC 11 Outlet 2375J Surge P11VT3

Shop for Electrical at The Home Depot. Most other surge suppressors continue to let power through even after their circuits have been damaged, leaving...
Home Depot