-67%
Audio-Technica ATH-M40fs Headphones - Black Reviews

Audio-Technica ATH-M40fs Headphones - Black

Free Shipping Sweetwater

These are a waste of money!

Jul 23, 2004
Rated Show

Pros:Decent sound but not for the price.

Cons:Virtually everything; The design, the quality of products used and the replacement warranty.

I am a DJ and I bought a set of Audio-Technica headphones for convenience really. They were available at the store in which I purchased my DJ equipment. Unfortunately, they were the only headphones available. I thought they looked sharp and would fit the bill. The sound is reasonable although not comparable to any of the Technic, Sony or Pioneer headphones I have tried. The problem lies in the design. The earcup is held on by a very small silver pin. Unfortunately, with any pressure at all the earpiece will snap right off. Its a BAD design and whoever purchases these headphones will at some point be left with them in two to three pieces. At $90 to $120 a pair, this tends to burst your bubble. Not to mention that the leather lining in the earcup is thin and will begin to shed from the headphones. You will be left in the morning with little pieces of leather or vinyl on your ears and face.

Live Sound Monitoring - Audio-Technica ATH-M40fs headphones provide the kind of excellent sound and reliable performance you expect from A-T products,...
Sweetwater