Audio-Technica ATH-ANC7 Headband Headphones - Black Reviews

Audio-Technica ATH-ANC7 Headband Headphones - Black

A great purchase.

May 30, 2008

Pros:Better noise canceling, more comfort, better sound, better built, better price.

Cons:Less bass then Bose but better highs.

The Bottom Line: Great Sound, Great Noise Canceling, Great Price.

I was looking for a good quality pair of headphones with the noise canceling feature. Of course I started with the Bose QuietComfort. They got the job done but the price was more then I wanted to spend. With some research I found the Audio-Technica QuietPoint headphones. I tried them out and after only 20 seconds of listening I knew they were the ones I wanted. I brought them home and compared them side by side with my roommates Bose QuietComfort 2 Series.
-For one they are a much sturdier construction.
-For noise canceling the QuietPoints have the slight advantage. They cancel out more noise and dont have as much of a noise canceling "tone" when you turn it on.
-Comfort is a draw. Both are comfortable, the QuietPoints have a little more padding but the Bose are bigger on the inside. Depending on size of your ear this could be a big selling point.
-Sound is what suprised me the most. The Bose couldn't compete with QuietPoints. The QuietPoints have higher highs and have a richer sound. The volume at which you can listen to them are much much more them the Bose. I kept telling my roommate to turn up the music while wearing his Bose only to find out that his computer was at full volume. At the same volume, same song, same computer the QuietPoints played the music louder then I could tolerate but still crystal clear with no distortion. The only thing the Bose has going to them with sound is bass. They have a deeper and stronger bass then the QuietPoints.
-The QuietPoints don't need batteries to listen to music. If you run out of a battery its easy enough to pop in a AAA battery but if you don't have one you can still listen to you music. Not with the Bose. They have a built in battery that you have to charge and if that runs out while your on an airplane your SOL, you cant listen to your music any more.
-The QuietPoints have a nice feature where you can disconect the wire from the headphones so you can use them anywhere to cancel out noise even if you don't want to listen to music.
-While I was researching the QuietPoints before I purchased them I found people saying that they have more "leakage" sound then the Bose. Meaning that when you are listening to music the person next to you can hear what you are listening to. This couldn't be more true, but for one very good reason, the Bose QuietComforts can't play music as loud as the QuietPoints. With the Bose You don't have to worry about the person next to you hearing your music because its hard enough for you to hear it when you compare them to the QuietPoints. My roommate and I laughed because when you play the QuietPoints at full volume and place them on the table they sound like a pair of mini loud speakers with distortion free sound. The Bose can't come close.
Overall the Audio-Technica QuietPoints are a great headphone. I couldn't be happier. My roommate agrees but is happy with his Bose QuietComfort Series 2 because his work paid for them. I hope this review helps some of you decide what headphones you would rather have. I'm not putting down the Bose QueitComforts but for the price they should out perform any pair of headphones. I got my QuietPoints for about $130 and couldn't be happier.

audio technica ath anc 7 headband headphones black product features in the box noise cancellation up to 90 closed back design cushioned earcup padding...