Audio-Technica ATH-ANC7 Headband Headphones - Black Reviews

Audio-Technica ATH-ANC7 Headband Headphones - Black

Good value - but avoid if your head is very large

May 15, 2009

Pros:Comfortable, good sound quality, effective noise cancelling, good value.

Cons:May not be large enough for big heads. Fussy cable a pain in the butt.

The Bottom Line: Great headphones with good sound cancelling and a nice price.

I found these headphones to be an excellent value with good sound quality, decent noise suppression, comfortable ergonomics, and a friendly price. They make a nice seal on your head when you wear them, but they remain comfortable.

Sound quality is quite nice. I'm not one of those audiophiles who can describe all the different sound characteristic. But everything I listen to sounds great. I would in fact rather listen to music on these than on any other speakers/headphones I have.

Once you get them on and turn on the noise-cancelling, you are really in a world of your own. You probably don't even notice how much white noise is around you all the time, but after using these for a while and removing them, the background noise of the world stands out as the roar it truly is. I love going up to the roof at work to eat lunch, and I'm able to sit right next to the huge air conditioning machine and still listen in peace.

Also - the cable that comes with them will work with a 1st generation iPhone. I bought an adapter along with these headphones and it turned out I don't even need it.

The cable itself is a bit problematic, actually. It's somewhat stiff and this makes it jut out and curl in odd and sometimes inconvenient ways. It's also coated in a black rubber which is very grippy. The result is that it's always sticking out and getting caught on stuff as I move around. A couple of times I've had these headphones yanked off my head after they grip onto the corner of the desk, or something else. A more supple and flowy cable with a smoother, more frictionless surface would have been better.

Another caveat is to watch out if you have a large head. I open these to their maximum size and they barely fit on my head. I guess my head is kinda big, but not that big. If you've got a giant noggin, you might not be able to make these fit.

audio technica ath anc 7 headband headphones black product features in the box noise cancellation up to 90 closed back design cushioned earcup padding...