Read Reviews (10) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2000 Silver Seraph

View all reviews by hiltonheadatty

Goodbye, sweet lady. Crewe will miss thee.

by hiltonheadatty:      Jun 27, 2002 - Updated Jun 27, 2002

Pros: Gorgeous and stately, this work of art exudes graciousness.
Cons: Cost-prohibitive; where does one service it other than Palm Beach, Hilton Head, or the Hamptons.
The Bottom Line: I would recommend this saloon only to those with a real heart for fine motorcars, and lots of liquid assets. This is one for the collection.

Let me preface this review by stating that I do not own this motorcar. Rather, a very affable gentleman in the area just purchased this vehicle, and graced me with a test of the motorcar. For this kind act, I thank him, as he has made my day.

Motorcar? Nay, work of art. The Last of the Line Silver Seraph is indeed a connoisseur’s car. From the stitching that holds the many Connolly hides together, to the exquisite woodwork that abounds, this lady abounds in craftsmanship.

The 12 cylinder whirs with a relatively high pitch upon ignition, letting you know that plenty power lies beneath the bonnet, yet is whisper quiet after that. Not a Rolls-Royce engine, but the engine of its new owners, BMW. Performance? It is not a consideration for the target customer, as this is a Rolls. There if you need it, but I assume that any purchaser of this car is looking for quality, detail, and likely, prestige.

The woodwork? Superb: replete with inlayed trimming and the “Spirit of Ecstasy” in the doors, burled walnut covering the whole of the cabin, down to the cell phone and makeup mirror covers. The Switchgear: heavy chrome, very tastefully done throughout.

The pinnacle quality of this car is not in its function. Rather, the beauty of its interior, the gentle curves of its sturdy body, and her stately presence, are the voice with which this car speaks.

Amount Paid (US$): 239,000
Condition: New
Model Year: 2002
Model and Options: Last of the Line Silver Seraph, Magnolia over Cotswald hides.