2000 Scamp Trailers Scamp 16

May 14, 2011

• Reliability:
  • Quality :
  • Handling And Control:

Pros:Light weight design, easy to pull well insulated. Good floor plans, easy to customize.

Cons:Optional screen door should have been better designed. Bathroom floor a little noisy.

The Bottom Line: My wife and I LOVE our little trailer after our upgrades. It is very comfortable for the just the two of us. I am so glad we found it.

I strongly disagree with the individual who wrote a negative review of this trailer. I recently purchased this trailer from an estate sale in Boise ID. We have only owned it for just over a month and have had only one opportunity to use it so far on a fishing weekend. My wife and I both love this little trailer.

We have made some modifications to this trailer to fit our needs which include a custom mattress for our primary bed which was the larger of the two dinettes included in this floor plan. We installed a 19" flat panel TV/DVD, microwave, LED interior lighting, dual propane tanks, dual 6 volt batteries, larger electrical access door on outside corner, and of course my wife's personal interior decorating.

The first time we took it out we stopped by a store to buy our fishing licenses and we had people checking out our trailer in the parking lot, they loved it. We had people stopping by our camp spot at the lake to check it out. We've already had offers from people wanting to buy it if we ever want to sell it, which we don't.

As far as pulling it, we are using a 1995 Ford Explorer with a 4.0L V6 and are getting 15 MPG at 55 to 60 MPH.  This trailer pulls like a dream no problem what so ever. I would recommend this trailer to anyone who would be looking for something small, light, and easy to pull.

Condition: Used
Model Year: 2006
Model and Options: Scamp 16 w/Side Dinette

Universal Class I Trailer Hitch - Plymouth Scamp 1982-1983

Universal Class I Trailer Hitch - Plymouth Scamp 1982-1983 Mfg Part#: ACME8410 Vendor: Acme Hitch

Dodge Duster, Scamp Custom Fit Dash Mat Cover Dashcover

Dodge Duster, Scamp Custom Fit Dash Mat Cover Dashcover

DODGE DUSTER, SCAMP CUSTOM FIT DASH COVER

1983 Plymouth Scamp Wheel Lock Set - Dorman

New Plymouth Scamp Wheel Lock Set. Brand: Dorman. Fits Years: 1983, 83. PartsGeek offers high quality new, OEM and aftermarket products. 711-322

1983 Plymouth Scamp Wheel Lock Set - Dorman

New Plymouth Scamp Wheel Lock Set. Brand: Dorman. Fits Years: 1983, 83. PartsGeek offers high quality new, OEM and aftermarket products. 711-355K

Plymouth 1971-76 Scamp Carpet Set Lowest Int'l Shipping Guaranteed

Plymouth 1971-76 Scamp Carpet Set Lowest Int'l Shipping Guaranteed

New molded carpet set with application to all 1971-76 Plymouth SCAMP models equipped with either automatic or 4-speed transmission. Console strips als...

1983 Plymouth Scamp Distributor Cap - Standard Motor Products

1983 Plymouth Scamp Distributor Cap - Standard Motor Products

New Plymouth Scamp Distributor Cap. Brand: Standard Motor Products. Fits Years: 1983, 83. PartsGeek offers high quality new, OEM and aftermarket produ...

Duster Scamp Nova Chrome Sidepipes Side Pipes Exhaust

Duster Scamp Nova Chrome Sidepipes Side Pipes Exhaust

You are bidding on a set of BRAND NEW DUAL SIDE EXHAUST PIPES that are for an DUSTER, SCAMP, BARRACUDA CHALLENGER or NOVA. FEATURING ALUMINIZED COATED...

1983 Plymouth Scamp Electronic Control Unit - A1 Cardone

1983 Plymouth Scamp Electronic Control Unit - A1 Cardone

New Plymouth Scamp Electronic Control Unit. Brand: A1 Cardone. Fits Years: 1983, 83. PartsGeek offers high quality new, OEM and aftermarket products. ...