Read Reviews (16) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

1990 Integra Hatchback

Integra lives up to its name

by awyang:      Mar 3, 2001

Pros: Great handling and acceleration. Love the design. Great 2-door car.
Cons: Sometimes bumpy automatic transmission. Sport car comfort. Low-riding car.
The Bottom Line: If I could, I would buy it again, mainly because it has the looks I love, the handling I like, being trouble-free, and the Acura name.

This 2nd Generation Integra is probably the best 2-door car I've driven that was made in 1990. Acura, being a luxury line from Honda, proves that they can make a solid and fun to drive sports car. Although the car I own in automatic, it still has plenty of power. There has been no major problems at all. The only thing I would complain about is that sometimes the automatic transmission would shift funny, which makes it feel like the shifting is harsh (like driving stick). It's not much of a bother though, and I sometimes like the kick-back feel of the transmission. I've been told that was how this generation of Integras were built, so it's a minor inconvenience. The handling is great, and I can make sharps turns without much roll. This might be due to the fact that the car is lower than most cars (about 5.9 inches off the ground). Thus, the bottom of the car can scratch if you drive into a road that swoops downward then up (picture a ramp). My driveway inclines up, so if I drive into my driveway fast without slowing down, the bottom will hit the slope upon entering the driveway. It is not a major problem though, because most sport cars are low anyways. I like the low feeling of the car, mainly because the turns feel more tight, and I feel like I have more control. The comfort of the car is like any other sports car. It's fairly comfortable, and the backseats aren't that bad. The back trunk is also VERY spacious, and can accomodate a lot of things. Since it's a hatchback, it can hold more than what most 4 door cars can hold in the trunk. If you want more space, you can drop the 40/60 rear seats down. Finally, the gas consumption is not bad at all. The best I've driven with this car was 30 mpg, and the worst was probably 24 mpg. This is with any fuel (87, 89, or 91). Not only is this a good car, but if you are into racing, it is also an excellent car. MANY modifications can be made to this car, which can improve it's performance. All in all, it's a great car.
Condition: Used
Model Year: 1990
Model and Options: LS, automatic, sunroof, tint, Clifford Alarm, and Starlocks.