Read Reviews (16) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

1990 Integra Hatchback

Great Starter Car

by dcwong:      Oct 22, 2002

Pros: Very reliable, great gas mileage, handles well, aesthetics
Cons: Very bumpy ride, cheap plastic interior, not very powerful
The Bottom Line: Terrific for someone beginning or learning to drive. Will last forever. Cheap to maintain and upkeep. Acura, even in 1990, lived up to its reputation.

The 1990 Acura Integra was my college car and I have to say that it treated me well. I took good care of my car and was consistent on maintenance and repairs. For a first car you couldn't find a better one. The engine is very reliable and runs strong even after 11 years of use. If you're on a tight budget it's terrific for gas mileage and basic maintenance is fairly inexpensive. I had the RS model which is about as standard as it gets. No power windows and no A/C. The engine on the 90 RS is fairly weak but only in comparison to late model cars.

After all this time the car ages well. The paint is starting to deoxidize which is standard for most Japanese cars after some time. When at a stop light the car vibrates a bit. This is pretty common with an early model Acura. I've had this car for almost 6 years now and not once did it need any sort of engine repairs. The rear brakes are poorly designed so they may need replacing.

Aside from that I have no complaints. For a first car or college car it's top notch. You should be able to find one for dirt cheap now and believe me, it's worth every penny.
Condition: Used