Read Reviews (50) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

1990 Accord

View all reviews by fishbone2002

301,793k miles and still going

by fishbone2002:      Mar 12, 2007

Pros: gas milage, long lasting value
Cons: non-import mechanics hate them! parts are a little pricey
The Bottom Line: I recommend this car because if you keep up the maintance on it, the car will take you a long way. good for college students too

I love my Honda. Its a red 1990 Honda Accord DX, 5-spd. Its as basic as you can get, i mean...its so basic I don't even have a passenger side mirror LOL. But I got this car about a year and a half ago at a "buy here pay here" dealership. I had an option to pay $1,500 or pay $500 down and get it financed. So since I didn't have much money, i just went on ahead and paid the $500 down. When I got the Honda, it had 225,000k miles and it hasn't gave me any problems since, and being a college student, I really don't have the time or the money to be spending my day in the shop. I remember one time I was on I-64 and I was on a 5 hour trip going pretty much 70Mph the whole way. My car started to skip really bad, but it stopped when I got to where I had to go. It leaks a little oil and I need to get my valves adjusted. But other than that, its a GOOD car. Its good on gas, its looks good, it dosent smoke. I really cant complain. I live in Virginia, and I've drove my honda almost all over VA, drove it to Georgia, Deleware, Tennessee. Its just a great car!!
Amount Paid (US$): 2,200