Read Reviews (4) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

1991 F 250

Ease of Loading:

View all reviews by tigerbeck

1991 F250

by tigerbeck:      Dec 2, 2002

Product Rating: 2.0 Recommended: No

Pros: Large truck with nice tow capacity
Cons: poor milage, rat's nest engine compartment
The Bottom Line: Trust what others say and think twice before buying American.

I have owned this truck from new and I doubt I would purchase another American made truck. It does what many trucks do, haul things and tow. There is nothing special about this truck, but the care ford went into in making it is especially poor. The gas milage is much worse than that found on trucks of the same capacity. Loading can be tough for a smaller person and tailgate latch broke under medium use after 5th year of ownership. The weirdest clamps and latches are used under the hood and many dead end hoses from new that arent secured or factory looking. Many people come to me and ask if they are supposed to be that way. Overall the thought ( or lack of) that went into the construction of the truck from engine compartment to dome lights is completely amazing. I can't believe a semi-modern truck could be produced with such utter lack of thought. If i hadnt been required to buy this particular truck for work I would'nt. Now after living with it I have been reaffirmed with the knowledge that Americans aren't meant to make cars.
Amount Paid (US$): 12,000