Read Reviews (13) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

1992 Civic

One Car I Will Never Get Rid Of

by pudker:      Jan 23, 2000

Pros: Reliability
Cons: GMC can't maufacture a car this good!!

I own a 92 Civic Hatchback (3DOOR) SI and I LOVE IT. I would not trade it for any anything. I had a piece of junk Chevy before and this blows it away. It is not leaking oil all over my driveway, like a Chevy.. and it never will. Now I am not completely dissin Chevy I still own a Chevy, it is just that every one I have owned leaks oil... even after all the gaskets have been replaced. My Honda takes me anywhere, I to not have to worry about it breaking down or stalling. It also is a little peppy machine. If you ever buy any HONDA buy an SI, they simply have more power. And yeah, yeah, I have seen people say.. "It doesn't drive in the snow" Bull hockey. I live in SD.... I have made it everywhere I need to go. It is just the way you drive.
I plan to later on beef my little Honda up with turbo so I can blow away those HOTRODS around town, Not knockin some of the HOTRODS cause they are cool but just the feeling of blowing the doors off of like 69' Camaro.... SWEET!! You get the point, and I ain't spending a lot to do this, just a couple grand will get you turbo with all the goodies. You may not win in the long run but off the line you will be smokin!
Reliability on this car is amazing, it has started in 50 below sittin out in the wind all days. Where other cars you just don't even try. Of course if you take care of any car it will hopefully stay with you forever and hopefully you will get 300,000 out of it like I KNOW I will with honda.
One more thing, this car is excellent for soundsystem, just put a couple 12's or 10's in the hatch and you will be bumpin..