Read Reviews (10) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

1992 Isuzu Rodeo

Handling And Control:

Better Than Expected

by tgaeng:      Jan 17, 2003

Pros: durable, flexible, fun
Cons: lug nuts, squeaks a little, unresolved noise when AC is on and clutch engaged
The Bottom Line: It does everything I want it to and is fun to drive.

I bought my red Rodeo 2 1/2 years ago as a project with the intention of refurbishing as I go since I have another vehicle. It had 132,000 on it and, judging from how dirty it was inside, I assumed that the most recent owner hadn't taken too good care. I cleaned it up, put new slightly oversized Pirelli tires on and new brakes.With 155,000 on it now I have really had some fun. I can pack the inlaws in when I need to transport them or throw the back seats down and let the dogs run around back there. It's great for trips to the mountains or beach because I can throw everything in the back or on the roofrack. With a five speed and the v6 it is plenty peppy and easy to handle. I finally got to drive it in the snow this winter and love my new found confidence. It certainly handles differently in 4wd on dry surfaces when you go to turn though. The tires squeal loudly when I maneuver in the parking garage at work. Overall I am having fun with it and look forward to driving it on weekends as a nice change of pace to my near-luxury Mazda Millennia S.
Amount Paid (US$): 3,000