Read Reviews (9) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

1992 Mitsubishi 3000GT

Handling And Control:

1992 VR4

by carey.b:      Apr 26, 2002

Pros: Fast, luxury and did I mention Fast?
Cons: Maintenance
The Bottom Line: Want to go really really fast? BUY IT! Don't wanna fix stuff and pay a fortune? Stay away

If you are reading this, then you most likely already know this car is fast. But, to put it another way, this car is fast in a sick way. Stock, I can pull out 140 mph without much trouble and without worrying that I'm gonna die. It hugs the road, in the rain you wont even notice the ground is wet. Snow is another story, just stay away from it. This car is heavy, and solid. I hit a deer, and nipped the headlight a bit, not much damage for a pretty good hit. It weighs 4000 lbs, and there is not much to do to lighten it up, but it really is fast. Some people say yeah, yeah but you need to drive it to really really get it. I have taken RX7's, supras and almost took a BMW 5 M, almost. But, reality check, the M is well over 50,000, so you be the judge.
As far as everything else, it has every luxury feature you could want, climate control, power seat, leather, heated mirrors, remember its only a 1992. Look at other cars in this range and year, and the luxury items just were not there. The seats are comfy and hold you in place, which if you break a 120, is exactly where you want to be. It handles corners like a dream, the steering is pretty tight so no worries there. It has lots of room for moving around, I wouldn't put 4 people in this one, but 3 isn't bad from what I hear.
Now, the bad. Pray that you don't ever need an engine, I paid over 8000 for new Mitsubishi parts for my engine, and 600 for the turbos' to be rebuilt. Since you really should have synthetic oil in it, say good bye to 19.95 oil changes. Nothing is cheap on this car. Fuel pump 499 from mitsubishi. You may think after market, but would you do that to a ferrari? I think not. That is the best analogy I suppose. Compare it to a Ferrari or a Lotus. This car can kick any cars butt, stock, and looks exotic while doing it. I may be biased, but this is the car if you want show and go in the same package. After market parts are not readily available, so look at what you want before you commit to this car. You can get a boost controller and spend another 1000 or so, and this car will put out over 400hp. It's kinda like marriage, be real sure you want the car, and can afford the car. It sucks gas like there is no tomorrow, brakes are even expensive. It seems something goes wrong every month, fuel pump, AC compressor, power antenna.
If you can pull it off, I challenge you to have anything bad to say about the car. If you not looking for obnoxious speed, please look elsewhere. This car was designed and made to go fast, real fast. Good luck
Condition: Used