Read Reviews (19) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

1992 Toyota Tercel

View all reviews by jlhensell

RUNS FOREVER

by jlhensell:      Jan 15, 2000

Pros: Dependability, no repair work
Cons: Small trunk space

We purchased a new 1992 Tercel, eight years ago. It had an am/fm radio and cassette and is an automatic. It has not other frills, besides these two.
This is the best car we have ever had and we were pleased with our Plymouth Horizons we had.
The car has 113,000 miles and we have never put an exhaust system in it yet. Now that is really saying something. See we live in northern Indiana, where in the winters, the roads gets enormous amounts of salt and tend to make holes in mufflers and exhausts. This has not happened.
In fact, besides normal maintenance, nothing has gone wrong with this car. It is more than 100% dependable; it has never not started except when I left the lights on for an extended period of time.
The one disadvantage is the design of the trunk area. Even though the car is larger than my other cars, the room in the trunk is not there. Outside of groceries, there is not much else you are going to transport in the trunk.
But hey, I'm not complaining, this is a great car and when it dies, we will definitely get another Toyota.