Read Reviews (5) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

1993 Cadillac DeVille

View all reviews by nadrianatrs

Simple large luxury sedan, a thing of the 90s

by nadrianatrs:      Jan 12, 2008

Pros: A proper glamorous car, comfortable, rides excellent
Cons: Bad on gas with city driving, parts/repairs... $$$ !
The Bottom Line: Very nice car but take a look at the earlier Cadillac models first and THEN decide. The earlier models have more features.

I had a rare model called the "Touring Sedan". Many people have asked me what there difference is between that car and a regular DeVille. The only difference I noticed is no hood ornament. Instead, the traditional Cadillac crest is in the grille. Also, the door handles are not chrome, but color coated with the rest of the body of the car and feel a little thicker when grasping by hand. The chrome lining around the lower section of the doors have "TOURING SEDAN" in block letters on both front doors which looks nice and makes the bulky car a little more admirable to people that don't know much about Cadillacs. And of course, the Cadillac crest on the trunk had been replaced with a unique keyhole that says Cadillac Touring Sedan going clockwise. Overall, the look is more "sporty".

I got lucky buying the car from an elderly man that had the maximum upgraded packages all the way around including a sunroof (something you don't see on earlier Cadillacs). Other than usual problems other people experience with large Cadillacs (repairs and the "gas guzzle"), it was a spectacular car.

Finding this sporty model will not be easy for anybody interested. Unfortunately, the traditional 1993 DeVille is too old news and the look is considered boring nowadays. Not that it's a bad car at all! But I would recommend getting at least a '94 DeVille because the car went through a major dramatic body style change. Funny how the "boxy" look ended in the late 80s, turned into a bulky round look in the 90s, then reconverted back to the box look after Y2K. People will notice your '90s DeVille but will probably be whispering to their significant other, "What a fool getting such a big car/gas guzzler." Yet I still appreciate these cars.
Amount Paid (US$): 12000