Read Reviews (10) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

View all reviews by taustin1382

PIECE OF ****

by taustin1382:      Jul 22, 2004

Product Rating: 1.0 Recommended: No

Pros: nice car when it ran
Cons: Major mechanical problems and lots of them.
The Bottom Line: NO NO NO. Piece of **** avoid at all costs no matter how good a deal it is. dont fall into this trap.

this car is crap. when I bought it it was 8 years old. this car had 40000 miles on it. I did not even get it home. The engine over heated 30 miles from the dealer. when we tried to fix the simple thermostat issue we discovered the small oil leak that had been brought to my attention in the dealers lot was not a head gasket it turned out to be an oil pump failure. Basically the oil was not being circulated and topped out the engine which over heated the car. It cost 1500 dollars to fix. got it home and just 50 miles later the turbo blew. 1000 dollars to fix. After 100 miles transmission seized the AWD system froze the rear wheels. 700 dollars to fix. I drove this car for no more than a month after that when the engine siezed it would need to be replaced completely. Just to let you know to change any part of this cars engine or tranny requires at least 6-10 hours of labor. The car has been parted out to other talon and eclipse owners needing new turbos, trannys and various parts I have replaced. The car is garbage. The one I had was the TSI model all leather, turbo, AWD, 5speed manual. Very nice car when it ran. I was never hard on this car infact I was paronoid to drive it hard at all this car was babied as long as I had it and it did not matter.

I burried over ten grand in this car and got 1500 out in parts.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS CAR...DONT MAKE A TEN THOUSAND DOLLAR MISTAKE. ps I paid 5000 dollars for the car and the interior and exterior was absolutly mint. This car was a one owner and in great condition as far as I could tell on the lot. Looks can be decieving.
Condition: Used
Model Year: 1993
Model and Options: TSI Turbo all wheel drive, leather, 5speed. Loaded. all power access..
Recommended: No