Read Reviews (23) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

1993 Maxima

View all reviews by chamorro82

Great car, great price

by chamorro82:      Jul 13, 2003

Pros: Power, interior space, exterior styling, price
Cons: Road noise, fuel efficiency, cup holder
The Bottom Line: Great car for the money, practical with power

Ah, the Nissan Maxima. I can say I really love this car. I ran across it cruising down the street, checked it out, and fell in love. The car felt solid, even though it had 158000 miles on it. I felt I had a good price on it too, so it was mine the next day.

First off, I have a thing for the style of this car. I like the stance of it, and it takes view point into consideration. One of the main selling points of the car is its power. I purchased the SE model, which is 190hp. This car can definitely get up and go. Yet it is also a four door, with tons of space everywhere.

Some of the cons I have probably just came with the use of the car. I believe it had 4 owners before me, so I'm sure it was used and abused. I did a tune up on it when i first got it, and had to do a couple of touch up jobs here and there, but for the price I bought it, I felt it was worth it. Parts are not overly expensive, and you have a decent amount of space to work with, which I felt helped a lot too. The cup holders on the other hand, are just terrible. There is a sliding compartment in the dash, with a sliding piece in that. Not very stable at all.

If you are looking for a spacious car, with power as well, the Maxima is the way to go. I'd highly recommend the manual se, as i heard the acceleration is much better than the gxe(160hp). This car will not disappoint.

Condition: Used