Read Reviews (23) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

1993 Maxima

View all reviews by scott92282

The Happy Medium

by scott92282:      May 16, 2001

Pros: Bose stereo, ample power, luxury car
Cons: Bose stereo
The Bottom Line: Just what it says on the rear passenger window. FOUR DOOR SPORTS CAR!

The 1993 Nissan Maxima speaks to those who are sporty minded as well as to those who are practically minded.

ENGINE
The SE packs a powerful V6 engine that houses 190 hp along with 190 ft lb of torque. This car can out-power almost any other car in its class. I own an SE and have not been happier driving any other car. The SE has the most responsive and powerful engine of any car I have driven. (Integra, Protege, Probe,...)

INTERIOR
The interior is as plush as a straight luxury car. There is a leather option, but I do not have it. I happen to prefer the non-cracking cloth material. The shift knob is very comfortable and does not get hot in the sun, making it unbearable to shift in the summer. The stock audio is very pleasing to the ear. My SE came with the Bose stereo system. The only drawback to the Bose system is that the amps for the speakers is installed with the speakers in the front two doors. The amps cannot handle the constant pounding of the doors, so the front two amps eventually go out. This is expensive. Around $500 for new speaker and amp. The sound output is excellent though.

I have personally altered my audio system. I replaced the head unit with a JVC El Kameleon and installed two 10" Sony Xplod subs in the trunk. The sound is greatly improved!

OVERALL
My only overall drawback is the expensive nature of replacement parts. The front license plate bracket mount is $50. A piece of molding for the top of the windshield is $45. Oh well, I feel that the overwhelming good features outweigh this problem.
Condition: Used