Read Reviews (23) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

1993 Maxima

The Maxima Is The Maximum Ride

by krazyd:      Jul 3, 2001

Pros: Gorgeous, lightning fast, roomy and stylish.
Cons: Factory suspension is too stiff and the car's external noise could be lessened a bit.
The Bottom Line: I would recommend to the new or experienced car driver, that is looking for a reliable and sporty looking car.

It was my senior year of high school and I had just passed my road test and I was looking for a stylish, fast and not-to-pricey ride. I had spent some time going to dealerships looking at other cars (ex: Honda Accord, Jeeps, Jettas), but I never found myself really finding a car that I liked.

My 1993 Maxima SE was a high school graduation present from my parents. One of my friend's had her own `91 Maxima SE a few months before I received mine and I never once heard her complain about the car.

The Maxima looks like a family sedan (and that's what it's labeled as), but its engine screams like sports-car when you step on the gas. The `93 Maxima SE comes with a 190HP stock DOHC-V6 engine, that can very easily be pumped up with a few modifications (if you have the cash). The styling of the `93 Maxima SE, in my opinion still looks better than most cars that are now out on the market. The SE comes packed with a stock spoiler (w/ brake light), power windows, power mirrors, fog lights, alloy rims, optional cruise control (useful for those long trips), and a driver's side airbag (useful if you can't drive too well).

My Maxima came with a comfortable beigh cloth material as an interior. Cool stuff, but leather would have been even cooler. But it wasn't a time to become picky - it was a used car. The interior of the Maxima is plain, and very neatly organized. I give much credit to the designers of this car. The car comes with a stock BOSE AM/FM Tape deck. I replaced it a week after I had the car out of my own preference. I simply needed a CD player and the BOSE tape deck just wasn't cutting it any longer. The BOSE speakers however, can really pound out your favorite tunes! They're really powerful, mainly because of the fact that each speaker contains its own internal subwoofer. Talk about neato-burritos.

Even though the `93 Maxima SE comes with a powerful V6 engine, it does not gussel the gas like other cars. I believe it has a 20 gallon tank, and I usually get around 20-22mpg highway/18-20mpg city.

One of best features of the `93 Maxima is its trunk space. I'm 6 feet tall and I was able to fit into the trunk while it was packed filled (please don't ask!) The Maxima is overall a very roomy car. I can comfortably fit two of my 6 foot tall friends in the back seats, with my driver's seat all the way back with no complaints, and one more in the passenger seat. Three could fit into the back, but it may become uncomfortable at time.

This is a great car for the money. I'm currently looking to upgrade to a `98/99 Maxima SE and giving my little sister this one because she's starting to drive (it's a great first car!). Good luck!
Amount Paid (US$): 9,000
Condition: Used
Model Year: 1993
Model and Options: 1993 Nissan Maxima SE, Automatic Transmission, BOSE AM/FM Tapedeck