Read Reviews (19) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

1994 Acura Integra

View all reviews by jei_aguinaldo

An Old Timer That Still Looks Modern

by jei_aguinaldo:      Dec 5, 2007

Pros: Price, Reliability, Design, Fuel Efficiency, Handling, and it's Honda!
Cons: These get stolen frequently. Other than that, NOTHING!
The Bottom Line: The Best car for its year and price! Honda/Acura Reliability for sure

The Acura Integra kept a consistent body style from 1994 - 2001. It was 1998 when the Integra recieved a mild face-lift to its exterior. Acura Integras, like Honda Civics, are seen virtually everywhere, and for a good reason that is. The fact that you see these everywhere is the fact that it is made by Honda/Acura. Honda/Acura vehicles have been known unanimously for their reliability and sleek designs. Many will claim that Honda/Acura engines are like energizer batteries because they keep going and going...and going.

It was because of the Honda reliability that I decided to pick up a 1994 Acura Integra in the summer of 2007. I previously had a 1997 Geo Tracker as my daily driver and the gas prices just killed me. I was getting around 15 miles per gallon with a Geo Tracker (mud tires had something do with that) and enough was enough so it was time for a change. I sold the Geo Tracker for $3,000 and with that cash, I picked up a 1994 Acura Integra with a clean title, clean interior/exterior, with only 117,000 miles on the engine with a freshly installed timing belt and fuel pump. Who would have thought that with $3,000 I could buy such a prestine and reliable vehicle? I sure didn't.

While I was test driving the car, I just couldn't believe it was a 1994 because the vehicle was just so smoothe and the styling appeared to be very modern even if it was a 13 year old (wow!) vehicle. This style was consistent all the way until 2001, so if anything, I could sometimes get away with saying my car was a 2001 Integra, unless I was talking to a true Acura Integra fanatic.

The car handles very smoothe and has all of the power options that I hadn't seen from many 1994 vehicles such as power windows, power door locks, powered moon roof, powered windows, etc. The car is just a beauty and it's so hard to believe that this vehicle was around in 1994. I see so many of these around and many kids like to "trick them out". In addition, the vehicle nets me about 290 miles per tank at $30 a fill up at $3.00 a gallon. Not bad!

The only negative thing I can think of about this car is the fact they get stolen pretty frequently by thieves in the car-tuning scene or by thieves who intend to chop them and sell them for parts. by the way, parts are very easy to find for the Acura Integra and are often priced fairly cheap.

The Acura Integra is indeed a very fun car and is built with such high quality and is nicely designed inside and out. In particular, the 1994 Acura Integra definitely blows away its competition from the 1994 class (along with Toyota Pick ups). For $2300 - $4500, a clean 1994 Acura Integra can be had. Whether you need a daily driver, a car you can have fun with, or a cheap reliable car with luxurious features, then the Acura Integra is for you. As a matter of fact, an Acura Integra is essentially for anybody. For its price tag, an a 1994 Acura Integra cannot be beaten. Get one and you'll never regret your choice!

Amount Paid (US$): 3,000
Condition: Used
Model Year: 1994
Model and Options: Acura Integra LS, Power Everything!