Read Reviews (24) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

1994 Probe

View all reviews by bl_ovidiu

Purple 94 Ford Probe Gt - auto

by bl_ovidiu:      Jan 19, 2005

Pros: Definitely turns heads. Awesome performance. Sporty design for both the interior and exterior.
Cons: Catches policemen's attention always. Automatic transmission is sluggish. (read reviews) Expensive to repair.
The Bottom Line: Get 5-speed, not automatic. Be prepared for expensive repairs and maintenance. The electrical system is not reliable. Great looks and performance. It's better than average most cars. Adrenaline!

I own a purple 1994 Ford Probe w/ auto trans and a 2.5L V6. (wish it were 5-spd), although the over-drive option is a nice one, gives you good fuel economy. I bought this car for almost nothing, but paid a lot to get it fixed. I replaced almost everything underneath and it was worth every penny.

It has 210 000 km now and it still runs just as fierce, and I'm definitely keeping it until the engine dies.. and even thought of the possibility of rebuilding the engine cause i like this car so much. After 10 years it only has two small spots of rust but the electrical system had to be redone.

The trunk is pretty big for a sports car but there isn't too much space in the back seat.

Mine has blue and red neons inside, blue LED washer fluid sprinklers and purple foglights. I suggest replacing the stock headlights too, it looks much cooler. also I added a performance exhaust, so now the car sounds really nice.

It's a true sport car. When i saw it i had to buy it. Handles a bit hard in winter but i think it's because i had a V6 Toyota 4Runner before which was amazing during the winter. I like it more than my 4Runner.

Not a very practical car, but if i ever get a family i'm keeping it and buying a van. ;) If i would have enough money I'd modify it into a racer. I saw some on the Internet and they look just amazing. Cause of the big engine and VERY good stability it has great potential.
Amount Paid (US$): CAD 1500