Read Reviews (5) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

1994 Mercury Tracer

View all reviews by chathaparampil

The current vehicle is my second Mercury Tracer

by chathaparampil:      Dec 13, 1999 - Updated Dec 13, 1999

Pros: very good, all around economic vehicle
Cons: compact - is it safe enough for highway accident?

I had a 1994 Mercury Tracer Station Wagon. It had automatic transmission. I was not very happy with my previous auto and when I bought the Mercury Tracer, I was very happy with it.
I am not very informed about car maintenance. Therefore, I had a contract with Sears Automotive maintenance section for unlimited maintenance agreement. They informed me of regular oil and filter change, tire rotation, balance and alignment. The mercury was a very good vehicle for my driving habit.
Originally, I bought this vehicle, because of its name - Mercury for a reasonable price. I wanted my car to be within the price range of $10,000 and it gave good mileage per gallon of gasoline.
It seems to be very dependable and safe, though it is a compact car.
I selected a station wagon for my life style of carting bags of fertilizers, sacks of top soils etc., for my garden. In addition, the station wagon became very handy for traveling with coolers for picnicking and for other outings.
I consider my self as an environmentally conscious person and the good mileage of this vehicle made even more of a reason to buy this particular vehicle.