Read Reviews (11) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

1994 Mitsubishi Diamante

View all reviews by sallygator

what a WAGON!

by sallygator:      Jan 9, 2002

Pros: starts reliably and gets terrific mileage , has room for everything!
Cons: stopped making the car in 1995. why? it still looks sharp- like a BMW.
The Bottom Line: if you have the opportunity to ride in one- try it- It is a very fine motorcar- Built like tanks in Australia HIghly recommended!

This car was bought when the prices were written on the windscreen and no haggling! I gladly paid about 18 thousand dollars for a year old car with about 15 K miles on it. I kept telling myself i had gotten a 30 thousand dollar car! Lots of room for the kids, who are now 6'4" and fit perfectly without complaint in the back seat. Bicycles fit, groceries fit, you name it.
Now, I have bought a new 2001 sedan but prefer to drive my old car around town and into parking lots- the radio is out now and I have to bang on the console to occasionally get music. Window slow to go up on drivers side- i have learned you live with quirks in all vehicles! But the heater and a/c work perfectly- the lights are great- the seatbelts, and defoggers are all fine, rear window wiper works, wheels in line, and great gas mileage still.
At about 65, 000 miles, oil was obviously burning so the dealer honored the warranty (close enough)and rebuilt the engine down to the races- they said- I have no idea if they did this for sure... no problems since, always use a dealer oil filter they said...in future- have since and no trouble-
bought the new mitsu because it was similar to the older on, but handles more nimbly, and unfortunately, my kids wont fit in the new car back seat - the new one feels like a two seater- but I get comments on how nice it looks-
Old paint is coming off the 1994 wagon bumpers- but it has been for years- I just place bumper stickers over those spots.
I don't want to sell my wagon. Please make something like them again-
Amount Paid (US$): 17,999