Read Reviews (6) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

1994 Suzuki Sidekick

Handling And Control:

View all reviews by alfredmag

TOUGH LITTLE, GOOD GAS MILEAGE, 4 X 4

by alfredmag:      Oct 26, 2000

Pros: 4 x 4, good gas mileage, good cargo space
Cons: little noisy, really uses up the gas going up hills, some of the cheaper hardware inside doesn't hold up the best

Well, about three years ago I was in the market for a 4 x 4 light truck. I checked out the consumer reports rating on the 94 Suzuki Sidekick. It had nothing but the best in ratings. I saw one with kinda higher miles but, it looked liked it was in good shape and I knew the ratings were great, so I bought it. I had never seen one before and it looked EXACTLY like the kind of truck I wanted.

Because I live in the hilly country and I needed the good gas mileage to drive back and forth to work, this has really been the perfect truck. Its four cylinder engine has enough power to get up some pretty snowy hills yet still gives me 33 plus miles to the gallon of gas on the highway.

The worst thing about my truck is the noise level while driving. It is not horrible or anything though. Because of the "boxy" design of it, the wind doesn't pass around it as sleekly as it does in a car. It doesn't bother me at all anymore. I also don't have any a/c in it, which as far as I'm concerned, saves my lots of gas money. Another thing to watch is when you are driving in the snow, make sure you do have it set to four-wheel-drive because it doesn't handle the best when it is not on.

It does have quite a bit of cargo space inside for how little it is. The seats in the back fold down, which have come in handy numerous times. If you are looking for a very dependable used truck, I would definitely recommend this Suzuki Sidekick. I have over 135,000 miles on it and it hasn't even given me the slightest problem yet!

Handling And Control: