Read Reviews (31) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

1994 Camry

View all reviews by micaherickson

1994 Camry

by micaherickson:      Jan 23, 2003

Pros:  excellent motor, great reliability, quiet ride
Cons: doesn't corner well
The Bottom Line: A great buy, however, if you are looking for more power, consider a Maxima SE

I bought my 94 Camry XLE in April of 2002, with 140,000 miles on it. The previous owner had taken good care of it and I have continued that tradition. This is a very well built car and extremely reliable. I have only replaced the brake pads, because the previous owner had used generic pads which squealed a lot. WORD TO THE WISE: use only Toyota brake pads! Toyota makes a softer pad that doesn't squeal like generic pads that Les Schwab, Napa, AutoZone, etc. sell.
About my car: I got a dark green XLE with the gold package and leather interior. The sound system sounds great, although the 6x9's in the back could use more bass (they are only 15 watt speakers). Dark green is very difficult to keep clean and I find myself washing, polishing and waxing every 2 weeks sometimes more, depending on the weather.
About the ride: My car has a sunroof so you get a little wind noise from that, however, this can be solved by putting on a wind deflector. At 75 mph, the car is really quiet-compared to my old car (96 Taurus). The car rides really well over bumps and over the road, however, don't expect it to perform to well around windy mountain roads. This car doesn't have a sport tuned suspension.
About the motor: I have done nothing to the motor other than replace the air filter with a K&N, and put it Bosch Platinum +4 spark plugs. I use 100% synthetic oil from AMSOIL (5w30). I am about to flush out my coolant, tranny fluid and power steering fluid and go fully synthetic there as well. If you are interested in learning more about synthetics please feel free to check out AMSOIL's website at www.amsoil.com. If you want to order you need a dealer's number so you enter 1077496. Or you can drop me a line at micaherickson@hotmail.com

I expect my car to last for many years and don't see why not. Everything is in excellent shape and the motor is still really tight.

Oh yeah, I currently have 161,000 miles and going strong!
Amount Paid (US$): 7,500.00