Read Reviews (11) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

1995 K1500

Ease of Loading:

View all reviews by propane_man

95 Chevy 1500 4x4 x-cab

by propane_man:      May 6, 2001

Pros: Good looks, power,comfort,reliability, lots of space.
Cons: ABS BRAKES, no third door, last year before Vortec engine.
The Bottom Line: This is a good truck but test the brake system before you spend your hard earned cash.

I purchased my truck in January 1996 and it had 20,000 miles on it. I loved everything about the truck and for the first year had no problems. The truck rode like a Cadillac, unlike any truck I have had before. The truck came loaded with the Silverado pkg. on it and was about $22,000. It had the 5.7 engine with the 4 speed auto trans. I could take long trips in it and drive at 80 mph. all day without any worries.
The one thing I have to warn you about is the KELLY HAYES ABS brake system in these trucks. On some of these systems when you have to hit the brakes hard your brakes will not respond even with the brake pedal all the way to the floor. You will have to let off the pedal and re-apply again this time not as fast as before. Chevy claims they have never heard of this problem but they are not telling the truth. If you look at the N.T.S.B. complaint section they have tons of registered complaints about these brakes.
I lost my truck in an accident due to these brakes systems. Do not let some service guy at the local Chevy dealership tell you there is nothing wrong if you have had this type of failure happen to you!
I also had the seat frame break six months after I got it. Chevy said this was a common problem and the dealer was very good at replacing it.
Other than that I loved the truck and will get another (new) one in the future.
Amount Paid (US$): 22000.
Condition: Used