We purchased our '95 Accord 4 door LX 5 speed on 9/94, for about $17,000. Almost 6 years and 129,000 miles later, I'm convinced this has been our best car to date. It has been extremely reliable and efficient.
Maintenance and Repairs - I've never gone to the dealer for the "scheduled" services, instead I've followed the manual for maintenance, doing almost all items myself. I figure I've saved at least $1,000 by avoiding the dealer.
- I've changed the oil & filter every 3,500 to 4,000 miles.
- Replaced front brake pads at 72,000 miles and 128,000 miles.
- Major tune-up at 90,000 miles
- Replaced tires at 50,000 and 102,000 miles.
- Had starter rebuilt at 80,000 miles (my only problem).
Pros - overall, an excellent car.
- Consistent 30 - 33 mpg in mixed driving.
- Comfortable and quiet - I'm 6'4", and have plenty of head and foot room.
- Sporty handling and good acceleration.
Cons - very few.
- Starting to develop small rust spots in rear quarter panels. This happened with previous generation Accords as well, and I had expected this to be cured with this generation. Supposedly, the car is dipped in a anti-rust coating prior to painting.
It still drives nearly like new. New struts are needed soon. I expect to get 200K out of this car without any problem.