Read Reviews (12) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

1995 Lexus ES 300

One Great Car! Who Cares About the Mileage, it's a Lexus!

by laup:      Nov 27, 2003

Pros: Smooth ride, Reliability, Loaded with nice options like heated seats and 6-disc CD changer.
Cons: Expensive maintenance at the Lexus dealership. CD changer in trunk instead of glove box.
The Bottom Line: If you are looking for a car with an exceptional ride and unmatched reliability, buy one. Don't be afraid to buy a used one with high miles.

I purchased my 1995 Lexus ES300 used in August of '01 with 112,000 miles on it. I have always liked Toyota products ever since I drove my sister's '93 6 cylinder Camry about 6 years ago. But I like the looks of the ES300 much better than the Camry. After reading tons of reviews and confirming my suspicions (they were all good) I decided to buy one.

I first went to the dealer. I knew I couldn't afford to buy new one so I went straight for the pre-owned. The Lexus dealership near me only sells "certified pre-owned" cars and they were all "mint". They were also all still too expensive for me. This didn't stop me from testing one out though. I test drove a '97 with about 49,000 on it. I was hooked! It drove so nice!

Long story short, I ended up finding one on autotrader.com that was only about 10 miles from my house. The guy I bought it from was the original owner. He had leased new and liked it so much he bought it when the lease was up.

I have now had the car for over 2 years. It has almost 130,000 miles on it now and I haven't had to do anything to it other than routine maintenance. It still drives as nice as the first day I drove it home. It is by far the best car I have ever owned.

Amount Paid (US$): 10,200
Condition: Used
Model Year: 1995
Model and Options: ES 300 (Loaded)