Read Reviews (18) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Definite class and performance

by ivandwu:      Nov 24, 2000

Pros: Solid, great performance, quiet
Cons: Styling

I bought my E320 4dr sedan in the Summer of 98 used. I was looking for quality, reliability and performance in one and I came to buy the E320. Although the styling is the old boxy Mercedes look, there is nothing boxy about the performance. The workhorse 3.2L V-6 churns out 215HP and 220ft-lb of torque, enough to zoom you around town and on the highways with ample speed. The smoothness is unsurpassed and the ride is extremely quiet. Taking sharp turns and fast curves shows the rigid body of the sedan off to the driver and passengers alike. Actually. . .maybe not the passengers since they won't budge in their seats from your nimble driving in this sedan. As for room and comfort, this car is also very good in these aspects. The sedan provides great room for road trips and a heated seat option can come it very nice when the weather gets a little colder. The options on the sedan are very easy to control and MB doesn't overwhelm the passengers with doo-hickeys and strange gadgets to mess with.
I would recommend this car to families and professionals that want the image of a nice, tame and conservative sedan but do not want the drive of one.