Read Reviews (6) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

1995 Mercury Tracer

An okay car...

by es_yoda:      Jul 5, 2002 - Updated Jul 5, 2002

Pros: Good amount of room, Lots of cargo space in Station Wagon Model
Cons: Bad exceleration rate, does not go very fast in general
The Bottom Line: I would recommend a newer Tracer to potential buyers so they can experience the joys of it before problems occur further down the road.

My mom and I got a used 1995 Green Mercury Tracer Wagon 4 and for two or three years it worked well. Now however we are starting to experience more and more problems with it. First the defroster won't hold and someone has to be in the car with you and hold it down. Redicoulous. Second our stereo decided to stop working for us so we had to replace it. Also, there is a shaking noise where the locks come up from the doors. You have to press them down and make sure they're down to prevent the rattling noise.

Don't get me wrong, this is a great little car. We have used it for trips both big and small. It's easy for city parking. I love the amount of space it has in the back...but recently the back trunk door doesn't stay up anymore, someone has to hold it so the other one can groceries, luggage, etc (or hold it with your head-seriously!). The seats are very comfortably and it's roomier then it looks both in front and back. There is a nice little coverup thingy for the very back where the trunk is so if you have something valuble stored there no one walking near it will be able to see the contents of the trunk. Also, we found it's great for Christmas trees and bikes. The seats seperating the trunk from the back go down easily when you hold the button, making a lot more room.