Read Reviews (4) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

1996 Cadillac DeVille

1996 Cadillac Deville Concours

by carsd:      May 21, 2002

Pros: Comfort and power
Cons: None
The Bottom Line: Ignore the "older person's car" tag for Cadillac. They have the goods.

This is my first Cadillac, other family members have had several Devilles and all remain very satisfied. I was primarily drawn to the Cadillac styling and 32 valve V8 Northstar engine. The next generation Deville is downsized from this model, and being a taller person, needed the room as well. And room this car has in abundance. It is extremely quiet as well, making long trips a breeze. My other car is sporty, and there is a substantial difference I noticed in long trips between the two. In this Cadillac, you arrive fresh, not fatigued.

This car handles superbly for a full-size vehicle. You feel connected to the road, it is very well built and sturdy.

Audio system is good (but was improved in later models), and heated seats are a pleasant surprise for winter comfort. Engine is powerful, quiet, and surprisingly fuel efficient, I get 22 mpg combined, topping out at 26 mpg for highway cruising.

On the Concours, the transmission is geared slightly toward the performance scale, making the engine RPMs a bit higher at highway speeds, clicking off a few MPGs. But this gearing helps make the car a bit more zippy around town.

Creature comforts include an excellent climate control and power seats including recline, which have been used for naps by my passengers on long trips. Lumbar and leather maximizes comfort. The seats are supportive, not mushy. Rear passengers have A/C vents and overhead lighted mirrors, and gobs of room.

All my friends made fun of me buying a Cadillac at age 38, but they all love the ride and the looks, just like me.

Don't waste money or effort on the import luxury wannabe's, its hard to beat Americans at this car type at twice the price.
Amount Paid (US$): 20000