Read Reviews (36) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

Handling And Control:

View all reviews by RobRobinson

Mustang GT Convertible

by RobRobinson:      Dec 22, 1999

Pros: Style, open-air, power, mileage, reliability, comfort up front
Cons: Small back seat, two people can't drive at once

Trying to figure out what to buy your wife for that special anniversary? Want to get her something really nice but something that you will enjoy too? The Ford Mustang GT Convertible is your answer! I bought one for my wife on our tenth anniversary and we both are getting much pleasure from that decision.

The GT is sharp, top up or down, but best with the top down and the easy-to-attach boot in place. It catches eyes and compliments everywhere we go. The exhaust sound is just throaty enough without offending sensitive ears. The 4.6L V8 has all the power you need, and still gets 23 MPG in town and up to 30 MPG on the open road. Controls and dash are user-friendly and the driver/passenger area adjusts from my 5'2" wife to my 6'1" with comfort for each. The rear passenger seat will be cramped for tall people on long trips, though.

Reliability has been excellent; service costs low. Safety is aided by the ABS brakes and chest/lap seat belts. In fact, both these features helped us stay uninjured when we popped over a hill going 115 MPH (No speed limit in certain places out West) and two very large deer bounded into our path. The GT stayed straight and true under extremely hard braking and deer and people went their own ways with just a "Whew!"

Final comment: I love it when I get to drive my WIFE'S Ford Mustang GT Convertible!

Handling And Control: