Read Reviews (52) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

1996 Civic

My third Honda and I don't regret!!

by flg25:      Mar 4, 2002 - Updated Mar 5, 2002

Pros: RELIABLE, GAS MILEAGE, LOOKS, PRICE, RESALE VALUE
Cons: thieves love it!
The Bottom Line: Buy it! You will not be disappointed, with care it will last forever!!

OK so this would be my third Honda. My first one, an 89 Honda Civic hatch back, I almost ran it to the ground, I sold it with almost 300,000 miles on the speedometer and the person I sold it to says its still running strong. The other one, a 95 Honda Civic EX, I wrecked it!

OK so I wreck my Honda and I decide to buy a Ford Mustang. What a mistake, Read all about it I wrote a review on it.

So after thousands of dollars in gas and repairs I set out to find myself another Honda. Found a silver 96 Civic DX wit 148,000 miles. A bit high but hey its a Honda! So I bought it for $5000.

The car runs great! It's a DX so it it does not have all those nice perks like power windows and sunroof but I tell you what it did have, reliability. The car starts every time. The car saves me so much money on gas, it rides a bit smoother than the 95 model and the engine is also quieter. The car is very roomy, Although I have to agree with some of the other reviews that getting to the back seat can be a pain. The interior is comfortable and the controls are very accessible and easy to use. And last but not least the AC always works!!!!

I tell you I have no real complaints, the only thing I had to do was put new wheels and tires on it because the ones the car had were not the original and they made the ride a bit harsh.

This car is not a sports car, If you want if for that purpose try looking somewhere else. This car is a very good well built reliable vehicle that will get you anywhere with the greatest peace of mind. Don't hesitate to buy, you will do yourself a favor. Oh and no I don't work for Honda, they should probably pay me!

Ok, I see that from the comments I need to add to this review. But honestly I don't really know what else to say. I have had the car for a year and have not had a single problem with it, not one! I have put about 15,000 miles since I bought it. The engine still feels very strong, and the feel of the car is like a car that is fairly new. Like if it only has 20,000 miles. In other words it still feels very solid, nothing rattles,the suspension is still very good, Oh and the brakes, I love the brakes! I mean it does not have ABS but the brakes are so responsive, and every Civic I have had has been the same. I love the large windshield. At night the lights punch a really nice hole through the darkness. See one thing I love about Honda is that they don't mess with success. The car is set up almost the same as the 1989. When you open the hood, everything under looks almost the same as the 89 but newer. And I am sure that some of the parts are improved. Same with the inside, they have change style inside and added more room but everything in the car is durable. I hear that the new Civics have even more room! Well I hope this helps a little.

Condition: Used