Read Reviews (10) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

1996 Mercury Villager

Ease of Conversion:

Now Everyone is Happy!

by CarieP:      May 6, 2000

Pros: So many options
Cons: none

I bought my Mercury Villager last year and let me tell you, it was the best decision that I could have made. I was looking for something bigger because I have three children. With a car it was difficult to let my kids have friends over and take them out because I could not fit anyone else in the car. When we went on vacations we would have to take two cars. One for the kids and one for the things we needed to take along. Just imagine, my kids are only 2, 3, and 7. When I went away I needed a playpen, plenty of extra clothes, diapers, lots of snacks and more.

The other advantage of this van is that the kids can control their own heating. I am always hot and need the window open, even in the winter. Now I can do that and not have to worry about them getting cold. My kids also used to fight while in the car. I have to use two car seats and my 7 year old would sit in the middle. They would constantly be teasing each other and hurting each other. Now I have one car seat all the way in the back, my 7 year old sits in the back also but it is so roomy that she is far out of reach of the little one. I put the other car seat in the seats that are in the middle of the van. With them all I can still fit another tow children.

They each have their own cup holder built right into the van next to them which means no more spilt drinks and my oldest daughter also has her very own compartment to bring books or other things she would like to do on the ride. The also each have a window that opens about two inches if they feel hot and there is a light in each ones reach.

So as you see my kids are really pleased and at peace now which makes rides to places more enjoyable. I am also pleased with the vehicle. I have a large compartment underneath my passenger seat in which I like to keep maps and other reading materials. There is a good sized glove compartment and another draw underneath the radio that is about 6 inches in width and 8 inches in depth. Now my van does not looked cluttered even though I still have all the same stuff in it, it all has a place to go. All the windows are tinted except for the front ones and the interior is super easy to clean. The van rides very smooth and is excellent on gas.

Oh I almost forgot, the SEATS. The back seats can be folded down which can be used as a table, built with the cup holders and all or you can take the whole seat out. The middle seat can also be taken out or folded down, this one can also recline. The passenger and driver seat can be adjusted to make anyone comfortable. I know that from past experience you usually cannot adjust the passenger seat very much but in this van you can. This meant, no more complaints from my husband.

If you are looking for a van that will please the whole family I highly recommend this one!

Ease of Conversion: