Read Reviews (18) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

1997 Dodge Avenger

View all reviews by MiamiPrncess

Don't Dodge the Avenger

by MiamiPrncess:      Jun 10, 2000

Pros: Great look, economical
Cons: not a car to be racing with

When I go looking for a car I look for something that will work for myself, a 27 year old female, and my 7 year old son. I've always loved small sporty cars, but never liked the prices of the insurance it takes to cover those fast cars. So when looking through the newspaper two years ago I came across the Dodge Avenger.

I went to my local dealer and found an Avenger that had been used for a year as a program car. I immediately fell in love. The exterior of this car was silver. The smooth rounded lines give it a nice look. The interior of this Avenger, which soon became my own, is a dark grey. The color is perfect for little boys and those muddy shoes.

Since I do have a young son, it's more economical for us to take our summer vacations by car rather then flying. There is plenty of room for my son to pile his toys in the backseat and stay occupied while taking our roadtrips. And, even better, the gas mileage is great. I get approximately 29 miles to the gallon. If I need to haul anything long, half the backseat lays down so I can have extended trunk space, and my son can still sit in the back.

The price of insurance on this car is wonderful for me. I checked on the price of insurance on a new Camaro and that of the Avenger. The Avenger was extremely cheaper and great for my budget.

I know there are lots of people out there who love the look of sports cars but can't afford one on their budgets. I would highly recommend checking out the Dodge Avenger and giving it a test drive.