Read Reviews (47) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

1997 Civic

View all reviews by longfellow30

97 Honda Civic EX 1.6 L VTEC

by longfellow30:      Jun 28, 2004

Pros: Starts when you want it to; great car... PERIOD
Cons: not a powerhouse
The Bottom Line: This is an excellent car, it's affordable, reliable, and looks pretty good too.

At 16 years old, my first car was a 97 Honda Civic EX. I have to say that I loved it thoroughly. Or should I say STILL love it.

At 76,000 miles, it is 6 years old and still runnin' strong.
This is a perfect car for a student: Great on gas; no shortage of parts or people who can work on them; not enough speed to kill the inexperienced; but probobly most important, if you turn the ignition key, it starts.

I bought this car because 1) I was 16 2)It's a Honda 3) it was just an all around awesome car

This vehicle is great on gas. With Gas prices the way they are, you need a car that makes 35 MPG on the street. And at 39 MPG Highway, it makes a great road trip car.

The EX model was equipped with a 1.6 L VTEC engine which pumped out about 127 ponies right off the showroom floor. Not a real speed demon, but it can get up and go pretty efficiantly if you handle the throttle correctly. But don't try to out run the cops in it though.

If I have any complaints about this car, it would have to be the way the 4 Speed automatic goes through the gears. If You just stomp on the gas, it will have a small delay in how it drops into the next gear. You have to feather the gas pedal while the car changes through the first three gears. But that's only if you really want to beat that red light.

Amount Paid (US$): 7,000